new stock

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
evanbly

new stock

Post by evanbly »

I know that some members of this forum would like to convert their wooden stocks to synthetic stocks. I'm thinking of going the other way with the circuit judge 22. What I'm wondering is whether a CNC machine would be able to translate my synthetic stock to wood. I have a friend who works a wood shop with the machine and I'll be checking into the matter. If such a translation is possible it should be possible to change from wood to synthetic. I'm just guessing here, thinking out loud.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: new stock

Post by Archer »

Depends on the CNC and the operator.
As a rule digitizing devices and CNCs are two different processes.
I'm a little more used to using the digitizers for reverse engineering items in the computer.
WRT CNCs that's a way of getting the computer model into the milling machine so that it hopefully cuts what you designed.
evanbly

Post by evanbly »

Archer;

You are way ahead of me relative to how the CNC process works. I'm not sure how far I'll pursue the notion of a wooden stock for the CJ22, but I will be questioning my friend with the machine to see if what I want is possible and how much it will cost.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I think what is used to cut a copy is a "duplicator". A stocksmith would have one of these. Bose's Guns in NE does a lot of this work.
Michael
evanbly

Post by evanbly »

Michael;

Thank you for the info....