revolt

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: revolt

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:I do know that you want to be careful when hunting with one from an enclosed blind. You want the cylinder completely outside the blind at the shot!
Archer wrote:Now that's an interesting thought.
Heck… there was shrapnel flying all over inside that box :!: :oops:
Michael
evanbly

Post by evanbly »

So, having bought one, I am now having some anxiety. Some of the wisest gunrus have said "No! Don't buy this gun." But I've persisted. The wisest ones are the hunters and marksmen--they know their guns.

I'm in a different class--plinkster. Yes, I'm a plinker. That's probably spelled wrong, but you know what I mean.

I have a Heritage 22/22mag revolver. Using the Calibri low-powered 22 I can plink on my back porch. Using the Winchester, 700 FPS, I can plink with my Henry lever-action. The Heritage can shoot both 22s and 22 magnums. I really like that.

So I started looking for a rifle that could do the same double duty. Ergo...

So here are my concerns. The Calibri move at 300FPS. I don't use it in the Henry rifle because it might get stuck--and that's not good. But in the revolver it is golden.

So the question is, what will plink well in the Rossi circuit judge 22?

I suspect, that the 3o0 FPS Calibri may barely exit the barrel. A Winchester 700
feet per second might come out about 300 feet per second.

what do you think about that? In the Rossi Circuit Judge 22, will a Calibri low-power lodge in the barrel?

Stay tuned because I'm on it!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

evanbly wrote:So here are my concerns. The Calibri move at 300FPS. I don't use it in the Henry rifle because it might get stuck--and that's not good. But in the revolver it is golden.

So the question is, what will plink well in the Rossi circuit judge 22?

I suspect, that the 3o0 FPS Calibri may barely exit the barrel. A Winchester 700
feet per second might come out about 300 feet per second.

what do you think about that? In the Rossi Circuit Judge 22, will a Calibri low-power lodge in the barrel?

Stay tuned because I'm on it!
My bet is that it will stick in the barrel. Shoot one at a time and run a rod completely through the bore to insure the bullet is gone!
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I'll endorse Ranch Dog's estimate and suggestions on that one.
evanbly

Post by evanbly »

I was thinking that if the Calibri sticks, I'd just shoot it out with Winchester 700 FPS. If that one sticks, I'll push them both out with a magnum. I'll bet I could sell tickets for that show.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

evanbly wrote:I was thinking that if the Calibri sticks, I'd just shoot it out with Winchester 700 FPS. If that one sticks, I'll push them both out with a magnum. I'll bet I could sell tickets for that show.
That's one way to justify the expense of getting a proper barrel!
Michael
evanbly

Post by evanbly »

And there-in lies the question: how to get a good barrel.

Could I take my Circuit Rider 22 to a good gunsmith, have the Cone of shame drilled out to within 3/16" of the barrel edge, and have a plug made with a cone more conducive to some power???
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

evanbly wrote:And there-in lies the question: how to get a good barrel.

Could I take my Circuit Rider 22 to a good gunsmith, have the Cone of shame drilled out to within 3/16" of the barrel edge, and have a plug made with a cone more conducive to some power???
I'm not sure how it is done but I suspect that someone here would know. I would want a revolver guy working on it.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

This has been a very interesting conversation. If one could be made real good one, Ruger could, even Smith & Wesson has made some very accurate rewolwers.

I once did get to have a conversation with a man form a gun powder company, who said that he has done many tests with blow-by issues with revolvers. He said many things I find to be good information, one that may apply here. He said that the smaller bore units will be affected much more by the issues with the CJ, and large bore less.
I refer to mine as my 410 shot gun, it works very well for that. BUT, if I could get back what I paid for it, I would.
Thank you all for your words.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.