Traded into a Circuit Judge

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Traded into a Circuit Judge

Post by pricedo »

Meirbubba wrote:I agree. I knew that about Rossi before I bought my Circuit Judge and Ranch Hand. This is why I took the extra step with "Steve Gunz" with my Ranch Hand and the same with the Circuit Judge. I took the extra steps and $$$ to make them as they should have been out of the factory.
I forgot to mention that my shooting buddy shot my Circuit Judge at a hundred yards with 3" groupings consistently. My eyes aren't as good as his. My daughter(21) also shot at a 100 yards with nice groupings. Same with the Ranch Hand.
I think RD said he was getting 5" group with his CJ.
I hope he doesn't feel too put out about your results. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I was getting 5" to 6" groups at 50 yards at best. I was lucky to hit a 8 1/2" X 11" target at 100-yards. I especially did not care for all the stuff blowing out on me at the shot. Since last posting... while cleaning the rifle to leave for a consignment sale, I noticed the stock had developed a crack along the top of the stock where it meets the frame.

This is an experience, as pricedo mentioned, had this been my first Rossi it would have been my last. I'm going to stick to the 92s and RGs.
Michael
BloodGroove4570

Post by BloodGroove4570 »

Meirbubba wrote:I love my Circuit Judge, especially now, with the "Steve Gunz" type action job, and having the stock dremmeled to allow a 5 Star speed loader. I also have shot 45 acp with moon clips.
I have no trouble with my shields protecting my arms as well as my stock. I don't use reloads. Hornady and Federal and Winchester PDX 1. I usually shoot at the range 3-4 hours, so I really don't know how it would do after 12 hours of shooting. I have shot 75 yards and have been pretty darn accurate with the standard sights. The trigger job and the fluff and buff job has made a difference and I am pleased with the stock job by the "Stock Doctor". It's also cost savings to use the 45 acp. I applied Froglube to my stock and the small amount of powder wiped right up. I love Foglube.
Meirbubba

Could you please post a pic of the work that the stock doctor did to your CJ, i might need to have the same done.

Thanks alot
BloodGroove4570
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Wish you well with it.
I have had mine for a year, I found HS6 gave me the best accuracy, 12 grn, 230 grn jhp
Accuracy is not a problem, today I put 20 rounds in a 1.5" bullseye at 25 yrd, more like 6" group at 50
Yrd.
Since I got it, I have had cylendar rotation problems with shot shells and 45s. Winchester shells will
Fire double action, Remington I have to help rotate the cyl.
I hope yours works better.
I like everything about the gun if it was just mechanically reliable.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

It would be interesting to be a fly on his shop wall and learn what Steve Young did to accurize that CJ.
Probably something to shorten the distance from the front face of the cylinder to the forcing cone. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

The title of this thread, is kinda where I'm at. Damn Circuit Judge is winning me over.
I keep telling my self, get a lever action,,,,,,,I almost got another CJ....I need psychiatric help.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.