SCJ4510

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

SCJ4510

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

About 2 years ago I got my Circuit Judge in 45Colt/410 Shot gun.
Everything I read about it was good, then I found this forum, not good, had I come here I probably wouldn't have bought it.
But I did, So I searched the Internet for Chronographed anything out of the CJ in 45 Colt, found nothing.
But this month I went shooting with my neighbor who has a Chronograph.
My most accurate loads averages 1095 to 1105 15 rnds of 12.0 HS6 with 230grn JHP.
As far as performance of the round, and accuracy, with open sights, I got no complaints.
As far as energy hitting the target, a 6" diameter steel pipe about 8" long, it hits the target and sends it tumbling down range, we tried that with some other guns and all it did was DING. the 45s are usable at what ever range you want to lob them at, but I can see the load drops at 100 yards a few inches.
I hunt Rabbits, the 410 #7 shot from Winchester, and reloaded all work nice, the shot shells reach right out just like my 12 ga, only less BBs in the meat.
My issues with the gun have nothing to do with forcing cones or accuracy.
Cylendar Rotation issues bother the 45Colt loads, yet with 410 it has no issue.
My MEC get lots of use loading 410s, I shoot trap and bunnies. Shot about 1000 410s and still shooting, just ordered more 410, 250 rnd for $88.
I loaded up a bunch of 45s after I got my load figured out, and shot about 500 total.
As a Bunnie gun, I feel good about it, very light and quick to aim,,LOVE IT.
I spoze if we had pigs here I could hunt them with the 45???
Any body know if a 230 Grn 45 Colt at 1100 FPS is a good bear gun???I dunno
The dear out here are 400 yard shots, not 45 Colt stuff.
Hope by writing this it helps someone who is looking.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SCJ4510

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report!
Bibletotingunslinger wrote:My issues with the gun have nothing to do with forcing cones or accuracy.
Have you an idea what is up with cylinder rotation? Might be the rim thickness and cylinder clearance to the rear.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Ranch Dog wrote:Thanks for the report!
Bibletotingunslinger wrote:My issues with the gun have nothing to do with forcing cones or accuracy.
Have you an idea what is up with cylinder rotation? Might be the rim thickness and cylinder clearance to the rear.

You got it right on the money Ranch Dog, I have removed some metal from the rear of the frame area, I have 0.012" between the back of the cyl. and inside of the frame, I have specs for clearance on a 38spl, but not any larger stuff. I am just not sure exactly how much I should have. Any idea's?
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I will measure the clearance on my Taurus 450 but it will be Sunday before I can do it. I'm not at home right now. Please remind me if you don't see a response.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:I will measure the clearance on my Taurus 450 but it will be Sunday before I can do it. I'm not at home right now. Please remind me if you don't see a response.
Measured the frame/cylinder clearance on my Taurus 450 with the cylinder loaded. The gap measurement was the same with both load and fired brass using Winchester cases.

At the 12 o'clock position it was .008" and at the 6 0"clock position .014".
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

THANKS Ranch Dog,,,