No stock swapping :(

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
crashphoenix

No stock swapping :(

Post by crashphoenix »

Well for anyone with a wood stocked CJ that wants the "Tuffy" tactical stock from the SCJT4510 for their 45/410, you're out of luck. I just got off the phone with Noel at Rossi customer service (After waiting on hold for almost a half hour) and was told they don't sell the stock because it wont fit CJ's with wood furniture. I even said it didn't make sense because the frames for the same caliber should all be the same. It sounded like he had a pretty scripted response, because I even asked how the frames could be different in the same caliber. His response was "They just are". I politely argued the point and asked what a customer would do if they had a broken or cracked stock. His reply was they'd have to send it in, but only a new wood stock could be fitted. It still doesn't make sense. I'd rather be told they just don't sell the stock, than be fed a line of what I believe is baloney.
Anyone know for sure if the frames really are different?
Hopefully ATI will have a stock available soon.
I carry a gun because a Cop is too heavy
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No stock swapping :(

Post by Ranch Dog »

crashphoenix wrote:Anyone know for sure if the frames really are different?
If you look at your CJ Owner's Manual, you will find that the forearm stock is what is different. The CS Agent was correct. There is no way that the synthetic forearm stock can fit a barrel that was prepped for the wood stock and vice a versa.
CJ_forearm_stock.jpg
The parts diagram also details the parts which are very much different.
CJ_forearm_stock_parts.jpg
Sorry but I cannot explain why they are different, only that they are according to the manual.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael