Swapping Stocks - CJ992

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
Batteryman

Swapping Stocks - CJ992

Post by Batteryman »

I have a question regarding the possibility of swapping out the black polymer "Rambo" looking stock on the CJ992 (22LR/22Mag Version) for the Wood Stock and foregrip that is provided on the LC45/410 configuration of the Circuit Judge. I realize that there is a lot of mixed feelings about the practicality, usefulness, quality, etc. of the CJ but I have fun with both and just like the different look of the rifle with the cylinder approach. That being said, I just want to try to make the CJ992 to look nicer - to me the black polymer detracts from the idea. For comparison, If you review the owner's manual for the CJ, which covers them all, you will notice that the parts list for both configurations of rifles carry the same part numbers or identifying numbers for the wood and polymer stocks, foregrips, and all associated parts to mount both. One side of the page is labeled Wood and the other Polymer. From appearance, it seems that the wood and polymer parts are interchangeable as long as you also change out all the associated mounting hardware. Before, I start tearing things apart, has anyone successfully attempted to swap the wood for the polymer on the CJ992 (22LR/22Mag) Configuration??
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Swapping Stocks - CJ992

Post by Ranch Dog »

I suspect it is doable but you might need to trade someone for the stock as I don't believe that Rossi sells stocks. My preference would be the wood as well.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I like wood too.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
crashphoenix

Post by crashphoenix »

I'd like to get a set of plastic stocks for my CJ 45/410. Let me know if you find some place to get replacement stocks. I've run into a brick wall
I carry a gun because a Cop is too heavy