22LR/22WMag. Anyone seen/used one of these.

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
FourFingersofDeath

22LR/22WMag. Anyone seen/used one of these.

Post by FourFingersofDeath »

I am quite happy with my old 22LR Brno (aka CZ) and Browning Pump action 22LR , but was considering a CJ in 22 for night time spotlighting in orchards/vineyards. Target (rabbit) exposure is short between the rows and a quick follow up shot would be handy (we can't own semi autos, even 22s without jumping through many, many hoops and without being a professional shooter).

I haven't seen one, but could order it in, but am reluctant to do so without a bit of feedback. I can't see any potential problems with this as the cylinders are cartridge specific and don't have longgggggggggggg chambers like the 45Judge.

Thanks, Mick.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 22LR/22WMag. Anyone seen/used one of these.

Post by Ranch Dog »

Unfortunately the CJ22 has the same "swallow it" all forcing cone that both the CJ44 & CJ4510 has. This is a 22 Magnum cartridge. The bullet body should not be able enter the forcing cone except under... well, force.
CJ2201.jpg
CJ2202.jpg
These images are from a post on TaurusArmed.net: New Rossi 22 Circuit Judge - Abysmal manufacturing quality

I tried to return both of my CJs to Rossi, while on the phone with the forcing cone cast and it's dimensions sitting right in front of me. The fellow on the other end of the phone had their drawings in front of him. He said if the rifles came back, nothing would be done to them as they matched the drawing. He also stated that it was unfortunate that the design had been compromised. He didn't say and being a gentleman did not ask as I knew that he had said enough. Plain and simple, lawyers have won on this design. They are relieving chamber pressure as fast as possible and preventing any possibility of cylinder misalignment despite Rossi revolvers having a solid reputation.

I always got a kick out of the statement in the Owner's Manual stating that your hand/arm should not be forward of the cylinder!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: 22LR/22WMag. Anyone seen/used one of these.

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I to would like to know how well this unit actually works, I wore out a Single Six convertable, I loved it.
A very old amunition tester once told me, that in a revolver, that the performance lost from gas leaking
Between cyl and barrel far less concern in large bore and the biggest concern with small bore.
He also explained much more, but it doesn't apply here.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.