Restricted Parts Wall of Shame!

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Restricted Parts Wall of Shame!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Really hate to see this but a R92 454 Casull has bit the dust and is being offered as spare parts on eBay. The receiver has been cut in half to allow the sale.

It makes one wonder if someone hit a wall with spare parts like a fellow member has with this discontinued model. I've seen the same since the Single Shot was discontinued, both on eBay and Gunbroker.

I've said this is how I would handle it if something unobtainable fails on my R92 but it does make me ill to see this.
Michael
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Restricted Parts Wall of Shame!

Post by klr »

Too bad Braztech doesn't see how this hurts the brand. I wonder how much the seller will make off all of the parts? Likely more than selling a complete rifle with unavailable parts.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

That's so sad could have been a great tool.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Pity it couldn't be saved.
Nothing on these guns should be unobtainium in these days of CNC manufacturing.
Heat treatment and finding the exact material might be a problem but it should be doable.

With mini CNCs able to do brick sized parts we're not far from being able to machine everything but the barrels and mag tubes and possibly full stocks (as long as there's no hurry) just about anywhere.

If they can make full up replicas of top of the line military smallarms in the middle of nowhere Pakistan without much in the way of tools and using scrap salvage metals.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

For the last 30 years (or last century) what can you make with a multi axis computer controlled milling machine and raw material that you KNOW is the right stuff.
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 08 Sep 2016 06:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected the video link.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Even a small machine like my Sherline could do most of the action might be tight on a receiver and lever but the rest is likely doable. My machines are manual but they make already set up for CNC. The problem is getting the part(s) into G-code to drive the machine. You need someone to draw the part in something like AutoCad, then convert the drawing to G-code. And you're right for someone with the knowledge and a machine or two it would probablly be a profitable cottage industry, considering the lack of spares for Rossi rifles alone.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I had another link that apparently got tangled up and nixed I am not certain but I think it was this report from 2006 or so:

Darra Arms Market

Light Engineering in Darra

Darra Amunition manufacturing

These are around 9 or 10 minutes, 17 minutes and maybe 6 minutes.

More folks who know something about G code all the time.
A copy of Solidworks isn't too expensive for a 3D CAD package.