Rossi Spare Parts Update ~ A+

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rossi Spare Parts Update ~ A+

Post by Ranch Dog »

Today I placed a spare parts order for my R92, parts that I would like to have on hand. I also wanted to gauge the progress Rossi has made in providing customers spare parts.

As I have experienced every time in the past, the Customer Service Agent was extremely helpful. Also, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that almost everything I ordered was available!

I wanted to put together a parts kit for my five rifles, items that might be lost during maintenance. I was surprised to find that I could order ejector collars as these have been a restricted parts in the past. I asked about the change and here is what I was told. If the firearm is out of the one year warranty period, there are no restricted parts. If RossiUSA can get it from Brazil, they will send it to you. My assumption would be that they could not send you the serialized receiver. As an example, the pins that make up the magazine cap of my 454 Casull are not available as they are not shipped from Brazil. I don't see these as an issue as pin stock is easy to come by and they are easy to cut. Only one item was back ordered and will be sent without additional shipping charges.

There is a restricted parts list for firearms still under warranty as Rossi wants to install the internal parts. Simple parts such as pins and screws with external access are available.

There is a fixed FedEx flat shipping fee, $8.75 I believe that amount correct, so if you are calling for one part order several. For instance, in the list I ordered three of everything except the magazine end cap.

Personally, I'm very pleased with the changes that RossiUSA has continued to make in resolving the past issues spare parts not flowing to customers. I continue to be impressed by the quality of my Rossi firearms and I remain happy that they are my choice of sporting arm!

Because of the progress RossiUSA has made, my Global topic detailing purchase considerations has been removed. Well done Rossi!
Michael
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Rossi Spare Parts Update ~ A+

Post by rman »

That's good news RD! It sounds like they are finally coming around.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Good to know
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
teufel007

Rossi spare parts still F.

Post by teufel007 »

I called Rossi about getting a replacement lever for my .357 Ranch Hand. I was told that it is a restricted part and that I must send the gun to the repair facility in Florida. I asked why and i was told that "all parts that are part of the trigger are restricted." I hung up and considered selling my gun. My frustration is beyond anger at this point. I love my Ranch Hand, however, I dispise the large loop lever on it and I bent the lever while extracting a shell casing. I just want the smaller lever from a Rossi 92. Why is it that I can purchase any part I need from any other manufacturer (except the reciver) and have it shipped directly to my home?

I give Rossi an F.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi spare parts still F.

Post by Ranch Dog »

teufel007 wrote:I called Rossi about getting a replacement lever for my .357 Ranch Hand. I was told that it is a restricted part and that I must send the gun to the repair facility in Florida. I asked why and i was told that "all parts that are part of the trigger are restricted." I hung up and considered selling my gun. My frustration is beyond anger at this point. I love my Ranch Hand, however, I dispise the large loop lever on it and I bent the lever while extracting a shell casing. I just want the smaller lever from a Rossi 92. Why is it that I can purchase any part I need from any other manufacturer (except the reciver) and have it shipped directly to my home?

I give Rossi an F.
I've got to ask. In that the Ranch Hand is only sold with the big loop lever, why would you buy it without checking this out first?

I also disagree with you statement about being able to buy the part from any other manufacture. I tried to buy one from Marlin for a project rifle, prior to Remington purchasing them, and they did not offer them. I had to buy a used one from an auction site.

The only alternative for the smaller lever is sending your's to Mule Man Gun Works but in that you are fed up with the rifle, that probably would not work out either. Sometimes when things just aren't right, it is best just to get rid of them. I've done that with Rossis, Marlins, Remingtons, Savages, Winchesters, etc.
Michael
teufel007

Post by teufel007 »

Ranch Dog:

I researched lever guns ,especially mares leg, for months. My identical twin owns 5 Henry's and I've shot them all. I found the Rossi to be what I was looking for in a lever gun. I thought I would like the large loop lever, but I don't. I'm not feed up with my pistol, I happen to love it. I'm fed up with the lack of OEM parts from a global company that arbitrarily restricts legal, non FFL transfer parts to owners.
I have intimate dealings with S&W, Colt, Beretta, Masterpiece Arms, Ruger, Walthers, Bushmaster, Yankee Hill Armory, Mossberg, and Kimber. I have never had a problem getting parts for these firearms.

Excellent forum by the way. This place has been crucial to me in my quest to make my Rossi great.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Excellent info and update, thanks RD
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

teufel007 wrote:I researched lever guns ,especially mares leg, for months. My identical twin owns 5 Henry's and I've shot them all. I found the Rossi to be what I was looking for in a lever gun. I thought I would like the large loop lever, but I don't. I'm not feed up with my pistol, I happen to love it. I'm fed up with the lack of OEM parts from a global company that arbitrarily restricts legal, non FFL transfer parts to owners.
Okay, I understand. Have you checked with Steve's Guns? It seems that the larger loops are desired by others so may be he would have the standard loop for a trade. You might list the trade here on the forum as well.

I mentioned Mule Man Gun Works, I recently had two levers changed; a standard made larger and a big loop smaller. Very nice work but he has a waiting list.

Finally, depending on how focused you are on this project (and I can get very focus on a project and would do something like this)... buy a 92, make the swap, and sell the 92.
Michael
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

That is definitely an improvement & thank you for the update.
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

Ranch Dog: Thanks for the info. Great news! I had sold my Rossi rifles but just picked up a M92 again, today. Couldnt keep away. Glad the parts are available. This one is out of warranty.