upgrade to Marlin extractor

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
bueller66

upgrade to Marlin extractor

Post by bueller66 »

I think the only thing I would change on the 410 is the extractor. It is a little thin and needs some tweeking after shooting. gonna try a Marlin extractor as they seem to be a little more stout. Then I will have this girl dialed in!
bueller66

Re: upgrade to Marlin extractor

Post by bueller66 »

my extractor tends to bend out after shooting....and needs to be bent back in.....my definition of tweaking.....otherwise it tends to grab the spent casing and then let go after pulling it about halfway out of the chamber. thus causing a jam as the new round is trying to go home. extremely minor fix
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

oh and BTW....don't call Rossi about a new extractor.....they are restricted.....for why I have no idea
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I thought rd was able to get them may need to ask his process as to getting them
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

yeah i did too. but they are now restricted. but then again i am gonna get the same thin extractor if i ordered it through Rossi
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: adding insult to injury

Post by pricedo »

If Braztech is going to continue on with this restricted parts silliness and we have to modify Marlin parts to use as replacements we might as well buy a Marlin 336 or a Guide Gun in the first place.
That's what it's getting to.
The continuous quality control problems are the injury and the restricted parts policy is the insult.
With Marlin back in the levergun business and the Mossberg 464 $150 dollars cheaper than a Rio Grande customers won't continue to turn the other cheek......they'll buy another companies product.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: adding insult to injury

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo wrote:If Braztech is going to continue on with this restricted parts silliness and we have to modify Marlin parts to use as replacements we might as well buy a Marlin 336 or a Guide Gun in the first place.
That's what it's getting to.
The continuous quality control problems are the injury and the restricted parts policy is the insult.
With Marlin back in the levergun business and the Mossberg 464 $150 dollars cheaper than a Rio Grande customers won't continue to turn the other cheek......they'll buy another companies product.
agreed
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

yeah....i thought about all that. but then i build chevy engines too. and i buy parts from other sources to beef them up. however chevy is always there to sell me a part if i need it.....so Rossi should too. not busting on Rossi and the guy I spoke too was polite as could be....he just said that due to legal problems all parts are basically restricted....send it in. i said i will fix it myself and he actually said.....sorry
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

now if Rossi said they have an upgraded beefier extractor and i can't get my hands on it....then i would be a little upset
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

bueller66 wrote: he actually said.....sorry Image
That should fix the extractor problem !
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA