BraztechUSA's Replacement Parts Policy

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

BraztechUSA's Replacement Parts Policy

Post by Ranch Dog »

There have been a number of posts recently on this forum and TaurusArmed.net concerning the recent changes at both Rossi and Taurus concerning the sale of replacement parts. The supply of factory manufactured parts has never been complete, availability has always been hit or miss, but now items as simple as a screw or spring requires the firearm to be returned.

One of the methods I will use to bringing this situation to the attention of other Braztech owners is a post on I made on Taurus Carry On Movement. This source is part of Taurus' social media effort to improve their product and is sponsored by Braztech. This is what I posted:
What is up with Taurus' part support? Sometime this year there has been a change that has started restricting all internal parts. Simply put, this is ludicrous! I have called CS and tried to order several small parts, parts that could be lost during routine maintenance and have been told that they are restricted parts and require the firearm to be returned to Taurus. I recently sent a handgun back for warranty work so, which was accomplished to my satisfaction, but spending $70+ to ship a firearm back for a screw or spring is absolutely ridiculous. This is a changed policy as I have been able to order these parts in the past when needed in support of the 28 Braztech firearms I own.

BraztechUSA has made Taurus and Rossi a respected name that represents a quality product. Even quality products need replacement parts and those parts need to be made accessible through an online source. BratechUSA’s warranty is one of the best in the industry but requiring a warranty claim and firearm shipping expense to replace consumable parts creates a product without value.

As a fellow owner, I ask you to take a look at your firearm and the components you remove for routine maintenance. Whether it is a recoil spring or side plate screw, take that part and try to order it from BraztechUSA. You will find after the long wait for a customer service agent that it is a restricted part and you will need to return your firearm to have the part replaced. Expect to pay $50 to $70 dollars to replace a $1 part!

I am asking Mr. Kresser to publish the BraztechUSA replacement part policy on the TaurusUSA and RossiUSA web site and also to establish an online parts system to return the value to my firearms. My hope as an owner is that you will “carry on” and do the same!
If you have not signed up at Taurus Carry On Movement (use the link in the second paragraph above), please do so and please add your comments in response to my post. I will soon be making similar comments through other sources in an effort to contact Mr. Kresser. I want him to personally hear my comments and understand the situation he has created for the owners of his products.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: BraztechUSA's Replacement Parts Policy

Post by pricedo »

I only have 1 Braztech firearm..........a Rio Grande 30-30.
My other 4 Rossi firearms are of Amadeo Rossi manufacture.........Braztech has downright disowned these.
Luckily the RG is a Marlin 336 clone.
We need to set up an online database whereby Braztech firearms parts can be referenced to generic (non-Braztech)sources.
Nothing illegal or copy-write/patent infringing about a simple exchange of information.
Some Marlin 336/1895 parts I'm sure are interchangeable with or can be modified to fit the RG.
Likewise with Winchester parts and the Rossi 92.
I'm sure Braztech gets their nuts and screws from generic sources..........to manufacture proprietary nuts and screws would be prohibitively expensive.........we need to identify which standard nut or screw will replace a missing screw from a Braztech rifle and include it in the comprehensive database mentioned above.
The arrogance & unreasonableness currently being displayed by Braztech will ensure that I will never buy another one of their firearms.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:I'm sure Braztech gets their nuts and screws from generic sources..........to manufacture proprietary nuts and screws would be prohibitively expensive.........we need to identify which standard nut or screw will replace a missing screw from a Braztech rifle and include it in the comprehensive database mentioned above.
Braztech is very proud of this point. They make every single part in every firearm they sell. They actually manufacture parts for other manufacturers but a Rossi or Taurus is 100% Braztech. NOTHING out sourced.
Michael
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

I joined up and added a comment. Was going to get more Braztech firearms but now I dont think I will. Cant afford to return them for really minor work. It is a bad situation. Not sure what to go for next. The Henry rifles look good, made in USA. Their 45/70 looks good. The Big Boy is a little heavy. Looks good but I would like to see a carbine model with a light barrel. The 45/70 weighs 7.0 pounds and the 44 Magnum BB weighs 8.8.

Concerning parts for the Rossi R92, I have had screws on order since May. I guess I wont get them.

I think it might be profitable to start making Rossi rifle parts. There is an outfit that makes Winchester parts for the 92 so It can be done.

I always ask the dealer if he will return guns to the factory if I buy them. Dealers can do it a lot cheaper.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks! I hope you will take the time to write a personal letter to Mr. Kresser. I'm heading back to Texas this morning, once there and caught up I will format a letter in PDF that can be printed and sent to Braztech.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:I'm sure Braztech gets their nuts and screws from generic sources..........to manufacture proprietary nuts and screws would be prohibitively expensive.........we need to identify which standard nut or screw will replace a missing screw from a Braztech rifle and include it in the comprehensive database mentioned above.
Braztech is very proud of this point. They make every single part in every firearm they sell. They actually manufacture parts for other manufacturers but a Rossi or Taurus is 100% Braztech. NOTHING out sourced.
I was looking at getting a Wizard because of your positive assessment of them on other threads.
As a result of the aforementioned Braztech unreasonableness, arrogance & openly demonstrated contempt for their customers..........no more Braztech or Taurus products for me.
I was shying away from their products anyway because they are getting really goofy on the lawyer safety stuff.
Maybe lawyers will buy their guns. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:I was looking at getting a Wizard because of your positive assessment of them on other threads.

As a result of the aforementioned Braztech unreasonableness, arrogance & openly demonstrated contempt for their customers..........no more Braztech or Taurus products for me.
Well, I understand how you feel but it isn't over until it is over. I have put a lot of effort and money into my line up of Braztech products so I will turn that energy another direction and try to force my will on them through their customers.

The good thing is there is not much that can go wrong with a Wizard as it is a very simple machine. While out on the road with the family, I found a new 44 Mag barrel that was priced right and bought it. It seems not that uncommon to find them for a $100 which makes them quite hard not to add to the rifle.
Michael
vedearduff

Post by vedearduff »

I guess I got lucky. Earlier this year, I picked up an M92 that was missing a screw (#65 on the exploded view) on the left side of the receiver.

I called Braztech and ordered a replacement, I had to pay for it but I received a three pack for $10 or $12.

It looks like I placed the order just in time.
Vernon in Indiana

Hirams Rangers
NRA
NMLRA
NCOWS
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Mr Kresser addressed this issue late yesterday via the admin of TaurusArmed.net, the letter can be viewed via this link: TaurusArmed.net: Taurus Parts - A Statement from Mr. Mark Kresser, Taurus International CEO
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I've seen this guy speak in person and he is as slick & handy with the fourteen dollar words as a Philadelphia lawyer.
He could talk an Eskimo into handing over his parka and mukluks in the middle of an Arctic blizzard.
I didn't hop off a turnip truck with my straw hat in my hand this morning.
I'm city slicker cynical and I'll wait til the Braztech parts policy actually changes for the better before I become even the slightest bit impressed with Kressers flowery statement.
I hope it's for real but as they say time will tell. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA