BraztechUSA's Replacement Parts Policy

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: BraztechUSA's Replacement Parts Policy

Post by Rooster59 »

This all sounds immensely like a company that has found themselves without technically astute customer service reps. Their service shop likely has the expertise in some fashion to identify the subject gun and secure the correct parts, but not the folks on the phones or manning the fax machine/email account.

Whether or not the CEO was in on the decision to make everything restricted doesn't matter much. He very likely is not just using flowery words because that doesn't work and hasn't for decades. In any business. When he mentions cost effective, profitability, etc. my hunch is he is saying he has to spend some money to get someone who is on the ball to help customers source the right parts. I have a feeling he has a really huge technical knowledge void in the customer service department that caused someone somewhere to just shut it down until they can get their act together.

Someone suggested putting a company like Brownells in a position to be THE parts source. That probably makes sense short term and long term. It keeps the factory doing what they do best and leaves the nuts/bolts questions to people who deal with that aspect every minute of every day.

They didn't make all parts restricted because they should be restricted. They have a significant problem in their operation and need to find a solution to it quickly. I'm willing to be patient but not forever. Thankfully, like RD(?) said, the Rossis are clones and many of their parts can be replaced with Winchester or Marlin parts. But probably not the one part I will need some day. :cry:
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

There should be an update from the gentleman from the other site that RD linked in his first post that went to FL to meet with with the company. Looking forward to see what they report back.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I know the two fellows have been to Miami and that they are working on a "report" of their visit to be posted on TaurusArmed.net.

Mr. Kresser responded to the letter I wrote, kind of. He thanked and commended me for the support I've given through this forum but he did not address any of my comments concerning spare parts. One of the fellows that went to Taurus, a fellow levergun nut, had carried a list that prepared which covered every part on every firearm (R92, RG, CJ, SS/W, and Revolver). On those lists I placed the parts into one of three categories. The first were parts that need immediate relief from the restricted parts policy. These are parts that are cleaned, removed and replaced during routine owner cleaning and maintenance. The second category are parts that need to be replaced on condition. None of these parts require special tools, fitting, or any level of skill to replace and they should be unrestricted as well. The third category would be considered "restricted". The serial number parts and things like the barrels. This is stuff that requires tools and skill, above that of an average owner. I did note that these parts should be made available to gunsmiths. With the year warranty on long arms, there is no reason that the firearm need be returned to Miami. A relaxation on restricted parts would relieve the pressure being placed on Braztech Customer Service.

Rossi revolvers are covered under a lifetime warranty, same as the Taurus handguns but I think the same categories should be applied to the parts. Only the items in the third category would justify the expense of returning the firearm arm under the lifetime warranty as Braztech only pays for the shipping to Miami during the first year of the lifetime warranty. A lifetime warranty on a handgun that does not include shipping is a ruse. My Rossi 351 cost me $270 and if an issue crops up after the first year it would cost me $75 to return the handgun to Miami for any work.. No thanks! If I have problems, I will reduce the pistol to all its parts and sell them on GunBroker. The restricted parts policy has created a bit of a windfall for owners that consider this option of dealing with a repair. In that parts are not available through Taurus, parts are going for a premium on GB and your handgun is worth more as a sum than as a whole. I would probably even buy another 351 with the funds created from the sale of parts and that is the point. People buy the Braztech firearm for what they are, not a warranty. At the time of the sale, I think the warranty has very little impact on the potential owners purchase. Tell him he cannot buy any spare parts, that would have a huge impact on the sale.

Customer Service did send me a half a dozen caps and five t-shirts with Mr. Kressner's reply, that was a very nice touch that I'm thankful for. I'm trying to figure out how to "award" them to the membership as I do not feel comfortable keeping them. The t-shirts are a rather small "large" and the caps are universal in size. If we had a larger membership base, I would suggest that a T-shirt and cap be given to every youth hunter that posted a hunting story with pictures during the up and coming season as the T-shirts would be about the right size for a most teens. Other than that, I draw a blank and welcome your ideas.

+corn
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote: The t-shirts are a rather small "large" .

+corn
but he did not address any of my comments concerning spare parts.
THE LETTER & THE NON-RESPONSE FROM KRESSER:
Too bad Kresser blew you off in regards to addressing the parts embargo issue.....he trivialized your whole complaint and treated you like a annoying kid by essentially patting you on the head, handing you a candy and telling you to get lost (if not directly certainly by implication)........sounded alot like a DIS :evil: to me. It would have been more respectful for him to ignore your letter. You have positively promoted Braztech products and deserve a REAL answer to your quite legitimate question.

I might consider buying a Braztech product when the arrogance level evident in that company drops a few notches.
Arrogance and blowing off customers complaints & suggestions are what killed GM & Winchester.

THE SHIRTS:
Like an aging oak tree we all put on a few rings over the years.
I notice "large" size t-shirts are a little smaller than they used to be. :mrgreen:
Good idea to give the shirts to the teeny-boppers just starting out in the sport........much easier than going on a diet so the shirts will fit. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:THE LETTER & THE NON-RESPONSE FROM KRESSER:
Too bad Kresser blew you off in regards to addressing the parts embargo issue.....he trivialized your whole complaint and treated you like a annoying kid by essentially patting you on the head, handing you a candy and telling you to get lost (if not directly certainly by implication)........sounded alot like a DIS :evil: to me. It would have been more respectful for him to ignore your letter. You have positively promoted Braztech products and deserve a REAL answer to your quite legitimate question.
That is pretty much sums up how I feel about it.
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Sorry to hear that RD.....

I am waiting to see what the (2) gentleman that went on the trip have to say but since you already know them and assisted one of them them with their list I will also assume you have some knowledge of what they came back with. And no a 2X T-shirt for Pricedo only will not cut it...... :lol: I'm joking Pricedo.....

I guess it may be safe to say we (collectively) are in the mad stage right now with really mad, pi$$ed off and ready to punch someone not to far behind.... :evil:

Maybe I will start working on the "Affordable Rossi Parts Act". Maybe even call it Tucocare..... I will need everyone here to vote on it first so you can see whats in it later..... :lol:

BeerHunter

Post by BeerHunter »

I'm still waiting to hear back from the two who visited Braztech to see Mr. Kresser's "final answer", but I'm not too hopeful. If and when I learn the policy changes to something more reasonable, I'll reflect that change in my signature.

"Trust, but verify!" - Ronald Reagan
NRA-RSO, SAF, GOA, MSI, MSRPA, SLSC
FFL 03, MD Designated Regulated Firearms Collector

Love My RG4570S but until Braztech revises their "restricted" parts list, I'll not buy another or recommend the brand to anyone else.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I can almost hear Kresser saying, "If you want spare parts buy 2 guns". :mrgreen:

I own 3 Amadeo Rossi "Puma" M92s which Taurus/Braztech disowned almost before the ink dried on the purchase agreement with the predecessor Amadeo Rossi company and if my guns break I hope a Winchester part will fit or my gunsmith/machinist/welder friend can machine me a part or else I'm outta luck. Even with that disadvantage I'd rather own 3 M92 "Pumas" that look like the real Winchester 92s than a dozen of the new "lawyer saftyed up the ying yang" Braztech R92s.

Tuco: You're not far off on that 2X shirt size. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Ranch Dog wrote:Mr Kresser addressed this issue late yesterday via the admin of TaurusArmed.net, the letter can be viewed via this link: TaurusArmed.net: Taurus Parts - A Statement from Mr. Mark Kresser, Taurus International CEO
Here is the After Action Report:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/tauru ... ost1431467

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

RD would be the logical choice to represent "Rossi Rifleman" at the Florida POW WOW.
I think he's a member of the Taurus board.
All in favor raise your hands and shout "YAY". :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA