RG45-70S Ejector and Spring Replacement

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
BeerHunter

RG45-70S Ejector and Spring Replacement

Post by BeerHunter »

I tried searching this topic but didn't see the answer to my question so forgive me if already hashed out in another thread.

I need to replace the ejector and sping on mine and am curious if the advice from the more experienced here is to call Rossi for factory parts or is it better to look elsewhere?

In case you are wondering why I need to replace mine, i disassembled the rifle for cleaning and then got interrupted for a family emergency so I left it on the benchtop disassembled. When I got back to my shop the next day, everything was as I left it except the ejector and spring are nowhere to be found! I've searched my whole shop and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what happened to it. I feel so stupid!
NRA-RSO, SAF, GOA, MSI, MSRPA, SLSC
FFL 03, MD Designated Regulated Firearms Collector

Love My RG4570S but until Braztech revises their "restricted" parts list, I'll not buy another or recommend the brand to anyone else.
johnreilly

Re: RG45-70S Ejector and Spring Replacement

Post by johnreilly »

I was just reading your post and wondering if a Marlin Ejector would fit? Give me an hour or two and I'll try to swap one. It would be great to know if they are interchangeable.

If the are one could use a Bear Proof in the Rossi Rio. That would be a terrific upgrade.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

BeerHunter wrote:I've searched my whole shop and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what happened to it.
Are the parts in the rifle?

The only parts that fit are the Rossi parts, you will need to get one from Rossi. Braztech seems to be on a "kick" about the internal parts, not selling them as they want the firearm back, let us know what they say when you call them please.
Michael
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

I use a bowl with a big magnet in the bottom to hold parts.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

johnreilly wrote:I was just reading your post and wondering if a Marlin Ejector would fit? Give me an hour or two and I'll try to swap one. It would be great to know if they are interchangeable.

If the are one could use a Bear Proof in the Rossi Rio. That would be a terrific upgrade.
I don't know how much nipping & tucking would be required with a file/grinder/lathe to make after market accessories by companies like Wild West Guns designed for Marlin products (like the Bear Proof Ejector or Happy Trigger) fit the Rio Grande or if it could even be done but it certainly would be nice.
I'd hire a friend of mine who is both a machinist and a gunsmith to modify & fit an after market Marlin part or make a part from scratch if I couldn't get a replacement part from Braztech.
My 5 Rossi guns ( 3 x 92s, 1 x RG, 1 x 12 gauge stagecoach shotgun) have never broken (knock on wood) but I know if they did I wouldn't allow Rossi CS within a country mile of any of them. I've seen a couple of their botched repair jobs first hand and they won't be getting anywhere near my Rossis that I invested a lot of my personal time in.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
BeerHunter

Post by BeerHunter »

Ranch Dog wrote:
BeerHunter wrote:I've searched my whole shop and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what happened to it.
Are the parts in the rifle?

The only parts that fit are the Rossi parts, you will need to get one from Rossi. Braztech seems to be on a "kick" about the internal parts, not selling them as they want the firearm back, let us know what they say when you call them please.
No, they are not in the rifle. That was the first place I looked. I do NOT want to send my otherwise nice rifle back to Braztech for them to screw it up!

Love My RG4570S but until Braztech revises their "restricted" parts list, I'll not buy another or recommend the brand to anyone else.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

BeerHunter wrote:No, they are not in the rifle. That was the first place I looked. I do NOT want to send my otherwise nice rifle back to Braztech for them to screw it up!
Let us know how it goes when you call them.
Michael
BeerHunter

Post by BeerHunter »

Well, you guys nailed it because Braztech is no help. The only way they will give up the parts is if the firearm is sent back to them to install; according to their company policy, the internal parts are "restricted". So even if a customer with a completely functioning rifle wants a spare(s) in the case and ejector breaks or gets lost in the middle of a long outing, they won't help other than to request the rifle be sent back. I told them that it makes absolutely no sense for a customer to send back an otherwise functioning firearm for what is essentially an owner removable item everytime the firearm is disassembled for cleaning. I also told them this policy would, in my view, eliminate their product being chosen by anyone needing a dependable "guide gun" for real field use (not me for the foreseeable future).

Oh yeah, if I sent it to them they promised to have it back to me in FOUR TO SIX WEEKS!

Based on other's comments on this forum, I wasn't expecting much from them but I'm still completely dissatisfied and totally %@*&$ at both myself and at this BS Braztech "policy". The only somewhat legitimate justification for their policy is that these internal parts are not actually mass produced to "manufacturing tolerances" and are instead uniquely fitted to each rifle during assembly.

I really love the rifle now that I've worked out it's kinks and I DO NOT want to send them my rifle and take any chance at them mucking it up! So I guess now I have to try and adapt a Marlin or WW Guns part or find a gunsmith/machinist to make a new one better than I can.

Do any of you have access to both Rossi RG45-70 and Marlin (336?) models that wouldn't mind posting pictures of the ejector/spring parts of each side-by-side from multipile angles to help me decide if adapting a part is possible. I'd appreciate any advice you guys can offer.

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I really hate hearing this. I really like my Rossi's but will not make any further recommendations toward a purchase for others. That is quite a statement, seeing that I'm an individual that provides a product support forum out of my pocket. There is no value in their product without parts support for the customer.

I'm very disappointed in Rossi!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

BeerHunter wrote:
Oh yeah, if I sent it to them they promised to have it back to me in FOUR TO SIX WEEKS!
So Braztech essentially told you its either turn your gun over to the dremel & sledge hammer boys at Rossi CS or go pound salt.
Even if Rossi CS was competent and careful & gave a damn (they are neither & don't from what I've seen others experience) and came good for shipping costs each way it is totally unreasonable to expect a customer to be deprived of his firearm 4 - 6 weeks just to replace a minor part that would take even a modestly dexterous person 5 minutes to install.
Braztech customer support policies are inconsequential to me because my Rossi 92s are all 1st-generation Amadeo Rossis which Braztech has disowned.
I was unimpressed with the Amadeo entity and am even less impressed with its Braztech successor.
My guns were built after the major Brazil factory CNC retooling in the early 2000's and before the Taurus takeover and have none of the Taurus lawyer garbage on them. I think this just-after retooling & just-before takeover period was when the best Rossis were made. My guns are better guns than most of the latest Braztech "R" model 92s I've seen.
I lucked out with my Braztech RG 30-30 and got a good one. I'm not going to push that luck. The RG is my only Braztech Rossi.
Instead of going on a silly safety kick Braztech should have spent the money on providing quality control and real customer service.
I'll likely NEVER buy another Braztech Rossi with their bolt safeties and those ridiculous hammer locks. :x
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA