TMT and QuickLoad

From basic database features to advanced internal ballistics
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

TMT and QuickLoad

Post by Ranch Dog »

I just finished running a test drive for Tom's latest update to his Arms and Development Records Professional and this is going to be the "cat's meow" for QuickLOAD users! Under the module menu, there is an new item of interest for us titled "QuickLoad Data Organizer".
TMT03.jpg
With the Organizer opened, in a few minutes I transferred hundreds of my reloading records to the various QL files.
TMT04.jpg
I titled all the files "TMT" with the appropriate extension (automatically done) and with QL open could immediate access any of my reloading records.

Another change that Tom included to the software is the option to add to the firearm round count when removing rounds from the "Loaded Ammunition" inventory. This works just like the options when scoring a target and is an a great improvement over how it had to be handled in the past, by manually updating the record on the firearm's "Acquisition Record" tab.

The round count is now displayed under the "Arms Record", "Firearm Data Sheet" tabs.
TMT01.jpg
In addition and if you have the Firearms Records module, the round count is displayed on the "Firearm Record" and is part of the displayed or printed reports.

I've always kept round counts as it drives some of the maintenance I perform on my firearms.

These new features are not part of the 4.1.11 to 4.1.12 update available on the TMT web site but it should be added soon as a new update I suspect!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: TMT and QuickLoad

Post by Arktikos »

I am not certain if this firearms module was included in the Precision Records database that I do have (V4.1.1). I have a page which looks a lot like what you have snipped including a field to tally shots fired from each of my guns, but without the extra Quickload menu option. But I see there is a whole different module on his site entitled Firearms Records System which I am certain I didn't buy. I just haven't had time to use this program much but every time I do I learn that there is so much more to it that I didn't realize was there.. Pretty impressive, enough to warrant a tutorial really (or perhaps there is one I haven't found).
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TMT and QuickLoad

Post by Ranch Dog »

Like QuickLOAD, you just need to do a little reading each time you have a question. A comprehensive online help index is available via the "Help" menu item or you can download the help files.
Michael