TMT Precision Records

From basic database features to advanced internal ballistics
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

TMT Precision Records

Post by Arktikos »

The other day I got to trying out my copy of Quickload and decided I needed to get more organized with my record keeping. I tried the TMT ammo box labeling program which can be used as a stand alone database but found the database features of it limited and not to my liking. It is really meant to be used in conjunction with their Precision records program. Anyway after spending nearly an evening trying to build my own database using my Access clone (Open Office) I gave it up and ordered the Precision records program. It really does far more than I ever imagined! The list is too long but I am very impressed! I was loading some plinking loads using Titegroup yesterday and noticed that when I entered the charge it calculated the volume automatically. As I was using the Lee dippers I found its calculation to be virtually identical to what I was seeing with the Lee dipper.. This program is just chalked full of stuff like that, and I haven't gotten into any of the target analysis section. Anyway, it seems like a good database that covers everything, the only thing I would change is there doesn't seem to be a way to put the working file into my directory which I like to back up regularly. I'll just have to remember to set my backup software to back up the Precision Records directory automatically.
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TMT Precision Records

Post by Ranch Dog »

I am a TMT fan and have used his software for years, I think it is the best program available. It is offered in modules but my advice is to just buy it all, it is worth it. The Target Analysis feature has always been the top in it's class, none can get close to the features and I've tried them all. Today I shot 20 different load combinations in my Taurus 745 Pro (45 ACP), and in a few minutes I will download the velocities and score the targets on the screen and it will all me sorted out in minutes with the best load selection. Great program!
Michael
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: TMT Precision Records

Post by Arktikos »

Looking forward to trying some of the features soon. I finally am getting a new chronograph that supposedly can download reads, and with quickload I should manage to keep from getting too bored this summer..8-)

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!