US Powders

From basic database features to advanced internal ballistics
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

US Powders

Post by Ranch Dog »

QuickLoad has an impressive list of powders but when generating load suggestions that leaves a lot of results to sift through. Attached is a list of common US powders available through outfits such as MidwayUSA, Powder Valley, etc.

The "pro" file should be downloaded to your QuickLock "data" directory. By default, unless you changed it during installation, the location is: Computer/C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/QuickLOAD/data/powders

You can also take an additional step by copying this file to another name, I copied mine to RanchDog.pro, and then deleting those powders that you do not have. The idea is to tailor the QL suggestions down to the powders you will work with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: US Powders

Post by Arktikos »

Just saw this list, will download it when I start up my laptop. Your mentioning getting powder from online sources reminds me of the fact that living where I do with no direct road out everything comes by air or boat. They can't send powder, primers, or factory ammo on planes and barges are set up to ship pallet loads at the minimum. That leaves me with only a couple sources to get powder from in town and often I can't get what I want when I want. That is where I am hoping Quickload will help in suggesting other powders when I run out of my favorites and the gun store hasn't even "gotten around" to ordering any in a while. Having more to choose from is quite possibly very helpful.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!