Rossi 62sa firing pin = Taurus 62 firing pin??

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
JMaslonik

Rossi 62sa firing pin = Taurus 62 firing pin??

Post by JMaslonik »

Hello,

I looked around for a bit but I couldn't find an answer to the topic question. Does anyone know if the Taurus 62 firing pin will fit my Rossi 62sa? I found a Taurus 62 firing pin on ebay below but I contacted gunpartscorp.com, aka Numrich, but they said it wouldn't fit my Rossi.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400930328457?ss ... Track=true

Numrich has been sold out for MONTHS. they said they've been looking for a supplier for awhile. I also sent my broken firing pin to Bob's Gun Shop Inc to match it but they couldn't. I've looked at almost every website I could.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Jordan
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Rossi 62sa firing pin = Taurus 62 firing pin??

Post by akuser47 »

They rossi 62 firing pin can be modified I believe but none are usually drop in replacement. I think this was covered once before. It's alot of work to get it to work correctly. Check into this sight let me know how it goes probably best option. I know of its where I've gotten 62 parts from, Noone else had.
http://homesteadparts.com/shopcart/pid_942.htm
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
JMaslonik

Post by JMaslonik »

Thanks for the response. I did contact homesteadparts.com and I asked if the Winchester 62 firing pin would work (They got 3 different models) so they asked for some pictures of my bolt and Firing pin. I sent him some of the bolt but sadly My original broken firing pin got lost in the transition between Bob's Gun Shop Inc and my possession. So I couldn't send him pics of the Firing pin. It's been couple days but I haven't heard back from Homesteadparts.

I figured the Taurus would better fit the Rossi because the Taurus also has the safety notch cut from the bolt where as the Winchester does not. I suppose I could completely remove the safety....
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well I hope homestead gets back to you. They will be one of the most knowledgeable to what you do and don't need.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!