Rossi/Taurus

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Rossi/Taurus

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I have a question for all Rossi/Taurus users, but I need to work up to it.
I was first a Taurus Owner, felt it was a little lesser grade than my USA made brand I traded in.
Then I got my Rossi, felt it was a step up, seemed like nicer metal and work, but then I had to work out some issues as I did with the Taurus.
Seems to me Rossi/Taurus works OK,,,,,,once you get the bugs worked out.
I read so many posts on 92 Lever issues, Ranch Hand issues, and all kinds of stuff about the Circuit Judge.
I ain't gettin rid of mine, they are both special pourpose units and nobody else makes em.

How do you all feel about your Rossi product after using it for a while?
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Rossi/Taurus

Post by akuser47 »

I love them I think it is awesome I like to work on guns and love their price. I have not lost to one yet. My definition to loseing to one is haveing to send it to anyone else. Alot of locals around me have paid me to work on theirs. I look at it this way a winchester by miruki or whatever they r called can cost upwards of 1200 to 1300 they are nice but a new rossi needing tuned 399.00 if you shop around. Add two to three hours of work to it even if it is just refinishing the stockset you then have a great gun for a 3rd of the cost.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I own 32 Braztech firearms, both Rossi and Taurus. I guess you could say I really like them!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:I love them I think it is awesome I like to work on guns and love their price. I have not lost to one yet. My definition to loseing to one is haveing to send it to anyone else. Alot of locals around me have paid me to work on theirs. I look at it this way a winchester by miruki or whatever they r called can cost upwards of 1200 to 1300 they are nice but a new rossi needing tuned 399.00 if you shop around. Add two to three hours of work to it even if it is just refinishing the stockset you then have a great gun for a 3rd of the cost.
+1

You hit the nail on the head AK !
When you boil the sap down to the syrup it's the price that makes the Rossi rifles attractive.
Guns like the Rossi 92s where YOU do the fit & finish or KIT guns are about 1/2 - 1/3 the price of completely finished guns like the "miruki" (actually Miroku) Winchesters, the Italian clones or the Turnbull custom leverguns.
I will buy pre-BrazTech Rossi 92s off the shelf (new or used) as long as I can inspect them before completing the sale to ensure myself that any problems are fixable. That being said I don't like the rough metal machining I'm seeing on some of the BrazTech guns I 've looked at lately which I believe is the root cause of a lot of the problems some owners have been experiencing & I tend to shy away from BrazTech era guns. With CNC parts machining technology supposedly in place at the Brazilian Rossi factory I don't understand why some of the machining in newer guns I've examined is so rough.
I own 3 pre-BrazTech Rossi 92s as well as several Miroku Winchesters & several Italian clones and they all have their weak & strong points.
I'll buy a pre-BrazTech 92 everytime given the choice AS LONG AS I'M ALLOWED TO DO A THOROUGH PRE-PURCHASE INSPECTION.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA