My First Rossi, Model 62A

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
jstanfield103

My First Rossi, Model 62A

Post by jstanfield103 »

Just found this site and registered on it, I hope to contribute and be a member for a long time, I am a member of several other gun sites that I visit several times a day. I just wanted to say HI and also just purchased my first Rossi ever. I hope it is as good as everyone say's it is and I really have no doubt that it is.
I have a Rossi 62A on the way, probably wont receive it till early next week.
I was looking for a pump action rifle, Mainly a Winchester 1906 or 62. I could not find one that I thought was in good enough condition so I was starting to look at other models. I saw the Rossi on you tube and from everything that I have read about it, seams to be a good well made gun. I found a safe queen that has only ran approx. 100 rounds and bought it off of GunBroker. The was already a bid on it for $300.00 dollars and buy it now for $350. I did not hesitate and just bought it now. I have learned my lesson on that one. If you find the gun you like and there are no others even close just pull the switch and buy it or someone else will buy it right out from under you and you will not even have a chance.
I mailed the payment off today overnighted and hopefully they will have it tomorrow 12-24-2013. I am going to put a rear Marbles Tang Sight on this gun. This gun looks and is stated that it is beautiful shape, and the guy confirmed that I will really be surprised at how good of shape it is in.
Anyway very excited to get this so I will have my Marlin 39A Mountie and this gun both in .22 S,L,LR
Here are some pictures from the auction.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My First Rossi, Model 62A

Post by Ranch Dog »

Greetings and welcome to the forum! I sure enjoy my little 62, it is a pleasure to shoot.
Michael
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Thanks Ranch Dog for the welcome, I am really looking forward to receiving it.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

nice
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Conman

Post by Conman »

I think you will like the Rossi carbine. I have one in nickel finish. The older ones imported by Interarms are the same as the Winchester. I also have the rifle 62a Winchester. Both work great and are fun to shoot.

Let us know how yours shoots for you.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Thanks guy's for the welcome and I will let you know how it shoots. I have been on a rifle spree as of late. I just ordered a 1928 Remington Model 12C. I Love .22 rifles.
Conman

Post by Conman »

Here is a picture of my Winchester. You will note that your Rossi looks exactly like it.

Happy New Year!

And, I found a copy of my Rossi M62A SAC Carbine in nickle finish:
Last edited by Conman on 22 Jan 2014 22:50, edited 2 times in total.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Conman, I was looking originally for the Winchester 62 or the 1906 but everything that I found was not in very good shape and if it was I could have bought three other guns for the price they were asking for the Winchesters. I would have preferred the American made Winchester but this Rossi is in such good shape for $350. I could not pass it up and everything that I read they are really made very well.
Thanks for the reply and that is a beautiful Winchester you have. congratulations on that beauty.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

I received my Rossi 62 today. What a great gun looks better than the listing said and the pictures really do it no justice at all. I do have a question though, with the hammer back I can still pull the slide back. I have never owned a pump gun before and I do not know if this is normal or not. I always thought that you had to pull the trigger before the slide would release ?
Any help would be appreciated.
Conman

Post by Conman »

My Rossi and Winchester model 62 both will NOT allow me to pump the slide with the hammer cocked.