The Overland 12g hammered coach gun

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
kokopelli

The Overland 12g hammered coach gun

Post by kokopelli »

here's my other Rossi, the one that doesn't suck. It's a 12 gauge side by side Amadeo Rossi, imported by Interarms. Exposed, real working hammers, unlike the current 'Baikal/ReMarlin' imports.
This is the 3rd hammered coach gun I've had, and the one I'll keep. I had on of the Baikal hammered doubles, I had ordered it not knowing until I got it that the hammers were, well, kinda fake. The hammers on those actually strike a crankshaft shaped rod that hits the firing pin. Beyond that, it was pretty good as far as fit/finish. Next I had a TNN -which was a Norinco?IAC re-brand import. It was, well, 'Ok' I guess. It had even had a slick job done on it for SASS.
I wasn't impressed. It just had a real 'modern' feel to it. Painted on finish, crappy wood, bulky forearm and heavy.

This Rossi has a Modified choke on one tube and a full choke on the other, dual triggers. My only complaint is I would like to switch the triggers so the front trigger dropped the left hammer; I believe that can be done, I just haven't worried about it enough to do anything. Beautiful bluing, nice hardwood stocks. Smooth operation, breaks and falls open easily, and disassembles easily.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/ ... bc4a83.jpg
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: The Overland 12g hammered coach gun

Post by joec »

I was looking for one of these then found a Liberty (made in Turkey and now sold under CZ line). I found mine for $300 from a friend who was the 3rd owner and it had never been fired when I got it. It is also chocked the same was but has a 24" barrel instead of the standard 20" on most couch guns. It has also functioned very well for me even with black powder brass shells. These things are a ball to shoot and I'm sure the Overland is also.
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: The Overland 12g hammered coach gun

Post by akuser47 »

I have been tempted by the ones century is importing right now. at 249 msrp
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!