Picked Up a Model 62

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Picked Up a Model 62

Post by Ranch Dog »

Arrived at my favorite gun shop today just after the dealer had acquired a matched pair of Rossi pump rifles, a 59 (22 Mag) and 62 (22RF) in a trade. I asked the dealer if they were for sale and he said that he took the two in for his personal collection and that he already had a 62. I ended up buying his 62 and my friend bought the two that had just come in. All three were InterArms rifles and just as slick as a whistle!
R62.jpg
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Picked Up a Model 62

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:Arrived at my favorite gun shop today just after the dealer had acquired a matched pair of Rossi pump rifles, a 59 (22 Mag) and 62 (22RF) in a trade. I asked the dealer if they were for sale and he said that he took the two in for his personal collection and that he already had a 62. I ended up buying his 62 and my friend bought the two that had just come in. All three were InterArms rifles and just as slick as a whistle! Picture tomorrow.

As a "budget" gun manufacturer Rossi has been an chronic underachiever for years.
They are capable of manufacturing beautiful firearms...........they definitely HAVE the know how & the technology but not always the will.
If you have the MONEY..........they definitely have the skill.
A friend has a couple of Navy Arms model 92s that were manufactured by Amadeo Rossi SA...........absolutely gorgeous firearms.......real walnut, no safety, slick as frog snot out of the box.........these guns would put an original Winny 92 to shame.
Of course the Navy Arms guns were a cut or 2 above the run-of-the-mill Rossis of the day in BOTH quality & cost......... :o you'd almost think the two went hand in hand. :shock:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I agree, these dudes (Rossi) are right there capable of really dominating specific product types but don't seem quite interested in capturing it. They should be hammering the shop shelves with tight QC'd levers right now and it would be the end of the story for the others. Anyway, I'm rambling like I tend to do. This is a very clean gun without a safety. Oh, my goodness, I hope that doesn't cause me to shoot something!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Shot a bunch of CBees this morning through it, what a pleasure to shoot. This is what a kid (me) needs to have fun!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:Arrived at my favorite gun shop today just after the dealer had acquired a matched pair of Rossi pump rifles, a 59 (22 Mag) and 62 (22RF) in a trade. I asked the dealer if they were for sale and he said that he took the two in for his personal collection and that he already had a 62. I ended up buying his 62 and my friend bought the two that had just come in. All three were InterArms rifles and just as slick as a whistle!
R62.jpg
That's an interesting gun prop through the trigger guard of the pictured firearm.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:That's an interesting gun prop through the trigger guard of the pictured firearm.
Funny you mention that, I've found that a shed off a small buck makes a right smart display prop!
Michael
rfroy

Post by rfroy »

Wow that looks like fun! Keep us informed on how she shoots

Jerry

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

Good morning Michael,

I hope that 62 isn't one I had for a brief time a few years back. If you shot a magazine full and it didn't fail to extract or eject 6-8 times then you can be sure it wasn't mine. You didn't move out the 39A did you?

How's Dianna?

Frank
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Steelbanger wrote:Good morning Michael,

I hope that 62 isn't one I had for a brief time a few years back. If you shot a magazine full and it didn't fail to extract or eject 6-8 times then you can be sure it wasn't mine. You didn't move out the 39A did you?

How's Dianna?
So far it is spitting them out without issue. Shot it quite a bit yesterday, it is on "turtle" duty today. No, the 39A is one that will not leave. I'm still thinking hard about moving the Marlin Express rifles and that will be a first for me as I don't sell firearms. May be the Savages as well; 170 (35 Rem), 340 (Revelation 225), and 411 (12 gauge).

Dianna is doing okay just the same old stuff. I appreciate you asking Frank.
Michael
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

Wonder why they ever stopped making these. They seemed to fill a need, and I thought they sold OK. I've had a couple of old Winchesters and they were slick, but had bores that were badly worn or corroded. Those with nice bores bring too much to be used as they should. As i say, I thought the Rossis filled a need there by giving a handy dandy rifle people could afford to buy and afford to use.