Picked Up a Model 62

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Picked Up a Model 62

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Steelbanger wrote:Good morning Michael,

I hope that 62 isn't one I had for a brief time a few years back. If you shot a magazine full and it didn't fail to extract or eject 6-8 times then you can be sure it wasn't mine. You didn't move out the 39A did you?

How's Dianna?
So far it is spitting them out without issue. Shot it quite a bit yesterday, it is on "turtle" duty today. No, the 39A is one that will not leave. I'm still thinking hard about moving the Marlin Express rifles and that will be a first for me as I don't sell firearms. May be the Savages as well; 170 (35 Rem), 340 (Revelation 225), and 411 (12 gauge).

Dianna is doing okay just the same old stuff. I appreciate you asking Frank.
I need to turn some of the "dust once a week & never shoot" guns in my safes into cash too..........the place is starting to look like the NRA museum.
For a guy that prides himself on not being "roped in" by gun magazine hype it seems I've got every fad gun from the 70's onward in my gun safes.
I'm probably like most multi gun owners who have umpteen dozen rifles but only take 1 of 2 or 3 favorites into the field.
The rest are just taking up space.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

In a decade, I would like to be down to a handful. May be three center-fire rifles (444T and two unannounced), a rim-fire rifle (39A), and two handguns (Taurus 732B & PT745Pro). I will probably let my kids and grandkids take a limited pick and move the rest. My wife is a great gal and has never minded how many guns I drag home. Her only request is not to leave them for her to deal with.
Michael
Warhawk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Warhawk »

I'm on the road again, for work. Stopped in a little gun & pawn that has some cool stuff and picked up a Rossi 62, 22 LR, in nickel. It's an interarms gun, the bought 26 guns from an estate, including this one. I had the same idea for this one, and stopped at Academy where I picked up some CCI CB caps and some CCI 22LR "low noise", in case it won't feed the shorts reliably.

I'll get some pics up when I get it home, where the camera is.

EDIT: Almost forgot, they also had an original Winchester 1886 in 45-70. Out of my budget at $2200, but a very cool old levergun.
janoosh

Post by janoosh »

A great gun for the money. Mine is flawless. I put a tang sight on it and bought a B-Square scope mount for it. It is as accurate as I can hold. Rossi could have that market if they really wanted.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

janoosh wrote:...bought a B-Square scope mount for it. It is as accurate as I can hold.
Do you have a picture of the mount or a model number. I looked on the B Square web site and they did not list a mount?
Michael