All I wanted was a beer.

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
Pustic

All I wanted was a beer.

Post by Pustic »

Once upon a time, many, many years ago, I used to live in Maryland. One day after work I was going by a little liquor store and I wanted to stop to purchase a beer for the ride home. This was back in the 1970's. :) When I entered the store, the first thing I noticed was all of the guns hanging high on the store walls. :D While gandering at the guns and working my way back to the coolers, I stumbled upon a gun rack sitting on the floor, and it was full of rifles and shotguns, all for sale. Still thinking about a beer, I looked the guns over, picking them up and checking out the actions. I picked up a slide action gallery gun chambered in .22 short, long, and long rifle. That rifle went home with me that day, :) along with a beer. :D It's a Rossi Gallery gun, and I still have it and shoot it to this day. I wanted to go back and get more guns, but never made it back there. :cry:
Last edited by Pustic on 08 Jan 2015 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
Am I paranoid? Nope, I'm heavily armed!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: All I wanted was a beer.

Post by Ranch Dog »

Awesome story! I miss those kind of places. Up through 1999, there was a small gas station, liquor store, grocery, and fishing and reloading supply out on a highway near my ranch. Nice mix stuff a fellow might need. I bought a lot of reloading stuff through that store including a number of the more hard to find Lee Loaders that were still on the shelf and probably twenty years old.

Another old hardware store finally closed up here in town. As the owner got too old to take care of it, his wife and daughter took it over and making it a... I'm not sure. Women's stuff everywhere. Anyway, when it closed up I went by and saw a bunch of Remington Peter Factory Ammo for the 32 Remington sitting in a shipping box. I think there was ten, twenty round boxes sitting there just like the day it arrived.
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

I would have tried to stop every payday for beer and a gun deal..... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote: Anyway, when it closed up I went by and saw a bunch of Remington Peter Factory Ammo for the 32 Remington sitting in a shipping box. I think there was ten, twenty round boxes sitting there just like the day it arrived.
Don't think there are very many .32 Remington rifles still kicking around.
All of that line (25, 30, 32, 35 Remington) went the way of the dinosaurs except for the 35 Remington which has a small but fiercely loyal fan club and is still chambered in some rifles and single shot handguns.
I'd have checked around the store for an original rifle (Remington model 8 autoloader or model 14 or 114 pump action) to go with that ammo and perhaps walked away with a real collectors treasure trove for a song.
I always pay attention in those old maw & paw country stores.
Might be a new in the box original Winny 92 still in the grease in the back of one of those old places.
Wouldn't that be a find !
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA