Spree...

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Spree...

Post by Archer »

I've been in the gun of the month club for a bit. In addition to other threads...

Sig P238 two tone alloy frame w/ night sights last month plus extra mags since it came with 1. I had a couple hundred rounds of ball given to me a year or three ago plus 60 round of PMC Starfires. As this is my first .380 I had to lay in a store of ammo.

Picked up a used Kimber Carry II in .45 ACP 5" steel frame 1911.
A Kimber CDP Ultra also in .45 ACP (two tone 3" alloy frame w/ night sights.)
Have a Sig SP2022 w/ night sights on layaway (because of CA's one retail handgun a month policy otherwise it'd be in the home defense locker already.) This one also comes with only one mag so I'll need additional Klinton-Kaliban mags for this stupid state as well as stockpile some standard capacity ones outside the state.

It's maddening having to wait a month or two to pick up your property you already bought and paid for because some idiot politician thinks your rights should be limited and because they'd prefer if you were indeed an unarmed peasant.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Spree...

Post by Archer »

BTW, all you folks out there remember when Kamala Harris is running for President that SHE was under court order here in CA while she was attorney general for the state to REMOVE the 10 day cooling off period for citizens who already owned firearms legally and instead spent at least a year if not two telling the judge that she just hadn't be able to figure out how to do that. Meanwhile she was figuring out new ways to release convicted criminals, reduce their sentences and prohibit their prosecution while simultaneously instituting new restrictions on the second amendment including one which the courts have just upheld despite admitting that it is in fact IMPOSSIBLE to comply with.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, Harris is a nutbag.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

SO, I got a call from the big box store.
Didn't get it until I got home.

So as I mentioned I had a Sig SP2022 on 'layaway' due to the 1 gun a month rules.
I paid it off a couple weeks ago as I had initially put a deposit on it. (Note this was the only gun of the four that was on 'deposit' AND it was STILL paid off well before I could have picked it up.)

So a half week or so AFTER I paid it off I get this call I mentioned:
Clerk at the big box store leaves me a message that I'm past my '30 days' and I need to come in and file the govt paperwork (DROS) or they'll take the 1/3rd deposit I made and since that's a substantial amount of money they felt the need to warn me. He goes on to say 'You've got seven days before we claim the deposit.'

1) As I said I'd already paid the gun off in full EXCEPT for the govt paperwork fee which I'm not allowed to pre-pay.
2) The layaway terms, due to the 1 gun a month policy in CA and due to the fact that this was the 4th gun I'd purchased in this store were not 30 days but '50 days' AS AMENDED ON THE INVOICE at the time I filled out the initial purchase paperwork.
3) 50 days had NOT passed, NOT EVEN CLOSE.
4) 30 days since the last handgun had the government paperwork filed out on it had NOT passed so I could NOT have done the paperwork on this gun unless I wanted that paperwork to be rejected under aforementioned 1 new handgun every 30 day law. (Granted he was ONLY a half a day early on this one and technically that's not something they track but STILL!)
5) As I had gone directly from work to the big box store to do my paperwork at the EARLIEST time possible for me by the time I got this message I had already DONE the paperwork but I didn't know I needed to take the opportunity to READ THE CLERK his own paperwork (OR at least get clarification regarding their promise that I could purchase the firearm and they'd gladly hold it for more than 30 days before they tried to confiscate my deposit!)

I am NOT saying I won't deal with this shop in the future. I AM saying I prefer dealing with independent shops as opposed to big box stores.
I am also saying the unconstitutional limitations placed on the law abiding citizens and law abiding merchants in this state as well as what MIGHT be constitutional but are still impediments and hoops we have to jump through are a royal pain in the posterior that do NOTHING to hinder the criminal element.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

That sucks. I just meet some guy in the parking lot of Jack in the Box and hand him a stack of green.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Picked up the Sig SP2022. It came with 2 mags instead of the 1 I was expecting.
Seems pretty decent. Haven't got it to the range yet.
Have a holster and double mag pouch. Haven't gotten any spare mags yet.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Got bit again last month.
Wound up with a P226 MK25. Might have to change the grips.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

Archer wrote:SO, I got a call from the big box store.
Didn't get it until I got home.

So as I mentioned I had a Sig SP2022 on 'layaway' due to the 1 gun a month rules.
I paid it off a couple weeks ago as I had initially put a deposit on it. (Note this was the only gun of the four that was on 'deposit' AND it was STILL paid off well before I could have picked it up.)

So a half week or so AFTER I paid it off I get this call I mentioned:
Clerk at the big box store leaves me a message that I'm past my '30 days' and I need to come in and file the govt paperwork (DROS) or they'll take the 1/3rd deposit I made and since that's a substantial amount of money they felt the need to warn me. He goes on to say 'You've got seven days before we claim the deposit.'

1) As I said I'd already paid the gun off in full EXCEPT for the govt paperwork fee which I'm not allowed to pre-pay.
2) The layaway terms, due to the 1 gun a month policy in CA and due to the fact that this was the 4th gun I'd purchased in this store were not 30 days but '50 days' AS AMENDED ON THE INVOICE at the time I filled out the initial purchase paperwork.
3) 50 days had NOT passed, NOT EVEN CLOSE.
4) 30 days since the last handgun had the government paperwork filed out on it had NOT passed so I could NOT have done the paperwork on this gun unless I wanted that paperwork to be rejected under aforementioned 1 new handgun every 30 day law. (Granted he was ONLY a half a day early on this one and technically that's not something they track but STILL!)
5) As I had gone directly from work to the big box store to do my paperwork at the EARLIEST time possible for me by the time I got this message I had already DONE the paperwork but I didn't know I needed to take the opportunity to READ THE CLERK his own paperwork (OR at least get clarification regarding their promise that I could purchase the firearm and they'd gladly hold it for more than 30 days before they tried to confiscate my deposit!)

I am NOT saying I won't deal with this shop in the future. I AM saying I prefer dealing with independent shops as opposed to big box stores.
I am also saying the unconstitutional limitations placed on the law abiding citizens and law abiding merchants in this state as well as what MIGHT be constitutional but are still impediments and hoops we have to jump through are a royal pain in the posterior that do NOTHING to hinder the criminal element.

I've reread your posts on this thread several times and it makes my eyeballs spin each time. All I can say is how sorry I am you are stuck with a a runaway train of a state legislature. Boggles my mind.

Having said that, New Mexico is facing an outgoing rep. governor and election of a new governor. State legislature is dem. controlled and each of last several years the legislature has made attempts to try and mimic california a little more. So much for us being a cowboy state. If the dem. candidate is elected governor, I'm fearful that onerous gun control measures will be adapted. Northern New Mexico (Alb. and north, the most populace area) have become quite progressive politically and would welcome restrictive measures. I will hope it does not come to pass tho.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Its at the point now where I won't buy anymore semi auto guns in California. Lever action and wheel guns are on the menu. If Gavin Newsom is elected governor, even those might be illegal to buy or own.
Yet, these clowns in state government and people with money will have armed security..
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

So my friend who owns thew gunshop is closing up.
Combination of everyone has bought themselves out during Obama and the big chain stores moving in selling at nearly his cost.

He gave me a deal on a LC380 and a Mini14 Ranch rifle.