10mm Anyone

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
GasGuzzler

Re: 10mm Anyone

Post by GasGuzzler »

I'm weak. I want a 9mm hipoint.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... on-1040ss/

10mm Lever conversion! Never mind the price tag
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

GasGuzzler wrote:I'm weak. I want a 9mm hipoint.
9mm HP carbine? They're a hoot! Can't speak for the pistols though. If you get a carbine, get a sackful of magazines too, you're gonna want plenty.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I have a 995 carbine an original form the Clinton ban days in 9mm its very accurate and very reliable. It's just ugly and lacks hi cap magazine options. In truth if 10 rounds cannot get it done you grabbed the wrong gun to start with or lack the training to use it correctly. I love high capacity do not get me wrong. I am just saying If I hear a noise outside I grab my 12 gauge or my ak or ar15 all at the ready in a roll off my bed in reach and at the ready. My 995 is my fun gun its a tad beat up but in no way abused. I broke the stock man handling it like a monkey and contacted Hipoint about it they ask for serial number and sent me new gun stock free of charge their warranty is hard to beat. Love it and doubt I will ever sell it. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Missionary wrote:Greetings
I think you can get a new Dan Wesson 1911 in 10mm. Or check around for a used one.
Mike in Peru
NOT on the list of weapons our would be lords and masters in the Kommifornia political class will allow us to have here in CA so that lets out a new one. Used ones will probably be on par with new prices because of the DOJ extortion list.

Kimber and Glock is it and with Kimber you have a choice of the SS w/Target sights or the Eclipse with night carry sights. I think there MIGHT be a Springfield on the list as well but it's hard to get and IME Springfield requires a lot of break in or a mandatory buff and fluff before they will feed reliably.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

BTW,
Picked up the gun last week.
Got two boxes of S&B ammo of the shelf when I did.
Ordered a case of ball and 250 rounds of HP from GA Arms. New ammo in Starline cases. (54lb shipping weight, all arrived in a single 50 caliber ammo can.)
Got a set of Lee dies (rolling around the bottom of the shipping box loose) from Midway.
Ordered a thousand Xtreme heavy plate hollow base projectiles. (26lb shipping weight)
Got a spare mag coming in and will probably order another couple or four next year some time.

Seems like the reviews on the Wilson 10mm 1911 mags aren't as good as the rest of their products.
Once I get the gun to the range with the factory mag and a MecGar I'll see if either gives problems.
Unless it give problems I'll probably buy Kimber although they are a bit more expensive than Mec-Gar or Metalform. They were out of Metalform or I'd have given them a try based on reviews.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have some Wilson magazines for my 1911 in .45 and they're fine.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I like Wilson for the .45 ACP and bought a half dozen of them for my CDP Ultra before the gun was in my hand. They work. I like them better than the OEMs of which I have two or three.
I have several for Commander and full sized .45s. So far they have been good although I have occasionally found them to be a bit weak holding the slide back on the Springfield Champion Loaded. In the 5" guns they seem to work a bit better.

Reviews on the Wilson 10mm magazines are VERY mixed. MANY complaints about both feeding and about failure to hold the slide open when empty. I MAY try them but IF and ONLY IF I'm prepared to send them back wherever I got them PDQ since I have ZERO interest in paying premium prices for a product that does not work. Meanwhile Kimber, Mec-Gar and Metalform all seem to get reviews that are substantially better. Hence my willingness to try those. OEM magazines tend to be pretty good most of the time with most decent guns.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Wonder why they have problems with 10mm.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Got weak over Thanksgiving and ordered another 1000 rounds of 'NEW' ball from Ammo Valley.
Hopefully it'll stand up to the reviews as safe and reliable practice ammo.
This 1000 10mm with 1000 9mm was about the same price I paid for the other case of ball alone.
I might not have done it except for the new regulations going into effect next year about buying ammo here in Kali. The idiots in the government have got folks who never bothered to keep any ammo on hand stockpiling cases.

Those of us who actually shoot a little have been putting a few rounds by for a rainy day since Clinton was in office.