Companion 357 Pistol?

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
GasGuzzler

Re: Companion 357 Pistol?

Post by GasGuzzler »

Not to be rude but I'll pay 299 for a Rossi revolver if I find one. I won't pay anything that starts with a 3 for a Taurus.

Once again, I sold a Rossi by Taurus stainless 6"N size .357 for $270, made money, and was VERY happy I didn't have to keep it.

YMMV. I hope it does.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Second attempt, previous reply got eaten by my phone

Long story short i got the 66, and for a 9 year old gun it looks good and shot well. I had one instance of cylinder lockup when the pictured sliver of lead was shaved off on the side of the barrel. Im worried it could be a timing issue but then again my crimp and seating was god awful on these loads *shame* so not sure whats the cause

Further ive linked pics of the spent casings where you can see some primers had deeply centered strikes while others had off center light strikes

Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Primers look fine

There's a Ruger Security Six from 1981 locally for less than $400 and it's blue. Must. Resist. The. Urge.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

GasGuzzler wrote:Primers look fine

There's a Ruger Security Six from 1981 locally for less than $400 and it's blue. Must. Resist. The. Urge.
I let my buddy have the last one I saw. 4" pachmyer grips clean and tight.
I was asked what I'd give for it and since I'd just spent $350 on a Colt MKIII Trooper I passed making an offer.
When I went in to get pictures for my bud it was listed at $275.
IF they'd offered it to me at that the first time I'd have simply bought it but since I told my bud I'd put his name on it I did.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

This one is 4" with some other plastic aftermarket grips I change back to wood in a heartbeat.