Figuring sight height

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
jamesgpobog

Figuring sight height

Post by jamesgpobog »

I'm still mucking through calculations for the sights on my new G2. The .22 is going to keep (for now) the factory sights, the 357 MAX and 303 Ackley are beiing set up with Williams FP-TC rear, and Lyman 17 front globe.

I've been cogitating (I just got that word on the Amazon Deal-of-the-Day for $5.95) on the process of measuring heights when a thought came to me (uh-oh...).

Since those barrels are .810 Bull, it seems that the barrel radius becomes meaningless, since the mount surface is the same plane. So, I think that means that with a .100 Marbles ramp, and a .404 #17 the height (at least for calculation purposes) is .504. Then, I simply set the elevation on the rear peep to .504. If the 0-0 position puts the adjustment range of the rear at either a high or low extreme, I would have to make a front adjustment with ramp, riser, or globe heights.

Am I thinking correctly?
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Figuring sight height

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I believe so and i think both Marbles and Williams have sight height calculators on their sites.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image