Remington Model 10 barrel bushing tool?

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
alphalimafoxtrot

Remington Model 10 barrel bushing tool?

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Guys,

I've been keeping my Model 10 Remington on the far back burner with it being stripped down to a nice pile of parts in the "tool shed", so to speak. The major issue for the shotgun is its barrel adjustment bushing - I believe that's the right name - which is a critical part for Model 10's/29's/31's. If you've owned or messed around with any of these, you'll know what I mean.

Also, I picked up a cheap 4-pack of used 10 and 29 receivers at some point, 3 are totally stripped minus the adjustment bushing 1 still has it in place. Now, for reference, here's a current Gunbroker listing for one of the bushings so you know what they look like:

Model 10 Shotgun barrel adjustment bushing

I'm hunting down the correct bushing removal/installation tool that would properly mate up with the index slots (that's what I am calling them) to replace or install the bushing in my receivers. I bet they might look like a Model 8 barrel bushing tool, but I have no idea. I'm not in connection with a machinist any more that I know has the capability of making one either.

That's all, just looking for some ideas here. Maybe someone's got knowledge of the correct tool, or a direction I might go in my quest.

Thanks guys!
Adam

PS.....2 days till Winter Break for me....yes! Away from my 4th graders for 2 weeks!!!! :D :D :D +guns
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Remington Model 10 barrel bushing tool?

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Adam have you tried the usual suspects - Sarco and Numrich?

Happy break and merry Christmas
Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I'm sure you've seen this:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_14/303773_.html&page=1

Might be a relevant ref:
alphalimafoxtrot

yeah, Archer, I've been there and done that with those Steve's Pages breakdown diagrams and have the old Remington manuals scanned. What I'm looking for is the actual spanner wrench or disassembly tool specific to the Model 10/29 series Remington pump shotgun barrel adjustment bushings.

Thanks!
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
alphalimafoxtrot

Well, I'm no rocket scientist and certainly not a machinist - but I bet I can figure out a way to make or modify something to act as a removal tool to get the adjustment bushings out of my Model 10 receivers.

Once I figure it out, I'll get back and report on my progress. Hope it's not in two years - but a little quicker! :roll:

Take care and happy holidays

Adam