Henry rifle prices

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Henry rifle prices

Post by TinMan »

Just saw this ad for some "New" Henry rifles..........talk about paying for a name........wow! :shock:

http://mailer.allforumhosting.com/displ ... =16&N=7649
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Henry rifle prices

Post by akuser47 »

Yea a lot of money for any henry except for the 22 rifles I think it's to much for their center fire rifles. I also love the original henry though. I think with no forearm it will rust fast.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Not my cup of tea.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Every one made has been too high IMO.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Steve-R
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Steve-R »

I plan on another Henry Big Boy. Probably a steel side this time. I am probably strapped as bad as any body right now but I would rather pay more and have the reliability and fast, truthful customer service in the event of trouble.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Bought my 41 mag Henry Big Boy for $435 plus shipping in July. I do not know what prices you are looking at but if you spend a little time hunting about you will discover there are places that do not demand full retale price. Last I looked Bud's price is about $470 plus shipping. Other places are less but you will need to put you name on the list. That is not out of line with a new Rossi and far below some other brands.
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Maybe there's different models with drastic price differences but the ones I see in person are $700+. There is no customer service on an original (no plastic and better better wood) Rossi anyway.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Missionary wrote:Good morning
Bought my 41 mag Henry Big Boy for $435 plus shipping in July. I do not know what prices you are looking at but if you spend a little time hunting about you will discover there are places that do not demand full retale price. Last I looked Bud's price is about $470 plus shipping. Other places are less but you will need to put you name on the list. That is not out of line with a new Rossi and far below some other brands.
The 41 Mag at Bud's is $649 which is still very reasonable for the rifle. I've got to be honest, if the BB Steel series had been available at the time I was considering my Rossi's, I'm not sure I would have been here now. It is even simpler than that. If the H010, blue/wood 45-70 Govt had made it out on time I wouldn't be here.
GasGuzzler wrote:Maybe there's different models with drastic price differences but the ones I see in person are $700+. There is no customer service on an original (no plastic and better better wood) Rossi anyway.
Have you seen where Remington has reopened the Marlin Custom Gun Shop? I saw it in an email I receive from them and also an ad and article in "Rifle".
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I should also add that I have two acquaintances that have had significant problems with the BB Steel 41 Mag, 44 Mag, & 45 Colt rifles in their first shooting sessions to where the rifles had to be returned for replacements. Here in lies the difference with Henry; the exchanges where immediate and never questioned the issues the shooter experienced. The last rifle exchange/refund we saw here with Rossi took a full year and was a complete hassle. The experience did frustrate the fellow with the Henry 44 Mag & 45 Colt. He had wanted the Long Ranger but is going to pass. I suspect he will buy a Savage 99 chambered in 308 Win as there are some very nice examples out there for less than Henry's new offering.
Michael
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

My issue with Henry is that they don't make a '92. I like the idea of owning an original Winchester, but anything in halfway decent shape is collectible. I want a shooter, not a wall-hanger. Also, the originals were chambered in .44-40 or .32-20, which were fine rounds in their day, but don't measure up so well to modern calibers.