Henry rifle prices

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Henry rifle prices

Post by akuser47 »

I wish someone domestic would produce 1894 and 1892 rifles at decent prices. Henry rifles are neat but I would rather have an expensive well warrantied 94 or 92.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Henry rifle prices

Post by Sarge »

I hear you RD... Rossi is my last choice for QA/Parts availability reasons. God knows I've had practice working on them. I also don't care for their extra-short carbine buttstocks when the loads go above 300 grains/1400 fps and you'll easily surpass that with the 44 Mag/45 colt. If some enterprising soul would make a shotgun-butt conversion pad for them that ued the OEM screw holes & added 2" LOP, they would stay busy selling them- because there are lots of Rossi's around.

I bought my wife a Henry Golden Boy girl-sized .22 lever action for Mother's Day a couple of years ago. She's wanted one bad since the first time she handled one. The 16" version is scarce but one of my local dealers had one stuffed away. These are very nice, slick working lever actions that resemble a '66 Winchester Trapper about as much as a .22 can.is slicker than any of the the Marlin 39's I;ve owned and every bit as smooth as a BLR-22- and just about as fast. It feeds Shorts or LR's effortlessly and tosses empties about 5 feet right when the lever is worked quick. We have since put 600-1000 rounds through it and replaced the sights with a finer bead and flat-top rear. You can expect overlapping bullet-holes from 50 yards on in.

've got the itch for another 45 Colt lever but I hate the fact that centerfire Henrys are tube feeders. I had just about resigned myself to it for steel Henry steel big boy 45 Colt. it's a modern rifle, has a good stock & handles Ruger level loads. unfortunately the mechanism won't handle anything longer than a 260 grain bullet. so it can never be a 3/4 throttle l 45-70.