assembled my first Anderson LPK

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
alphalimafoxtrot

assembled my first Anderson LPK

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Hey 'yall -

No big deal, just had a fun afternoon assembling my first AR-15 lower kit from Anderson. The parts kit and the lower are both Anderson. Went together nice, now I am that much closer to my 6.5 Grendel LOL!
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: assembled my first Anderson LPK

Post by Archer »

Cool,
I've put two plinkers together and one wish list carbine plus a 308 AR.
I'm about to slap together another lower and add a 7.62x39 upper on it.
Plus I've got an AK reveiver and a parts kit plus additional parts about to show up that needs building.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

They're fun.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Archer wrote:Cool,
I've put two plinkers together and one wish list carbine plus a 308 AR.
I'm about to slap together another lower and add a 7.62x39 upper on it.
Plus I've got an AK reveiver and a parts kit plus additional parts about to show up that needs building.
Awesome You got to love the lego guns. Anderson is good brand as well. Archer please share your process in another thread on your build on the ak I did a romy G build years ago when the kits where everywhere, but I had help from a friend and all his tools. He sold off his tools after kits went expensive and rare to find factory barrels uncut in most kits these days. I am at least at minimum wondering what clone you are going for what receiver you went with and origin of your parts kit? I kinda have a thing for ak rifles Image
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
alphalimafoxtrot

Gents,
thanks for making some comments about my "new" Anderson DIY Lego-kit, as akuser47 calls them! :lol:

Funny thing, as I've been thinking back on my 52 years how my personal interest and ownership of guns has evolved, that it's taken me til now to finally give it a go and assemble a lower kit.

Well, here's where I get to put a question out to all of you arf-15 "fanboys" - buffer selection is the question of the day.

I want to run two uppers on this lower, primarily. A traditional 5.56 DI upper of some flavor, for plinking and all-round use.
But I really want to build an 18" or 20" 6.5 Grendel upper for target and scope work. Some folks say that you should use a dedicated buffer to match what the 6.5 is made to do - but I am new and know nothing.

Thoughts? Thanks!
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Slow connection this early AM
I don't have a lot of 6.5 Grendel exp but I know someone and will try and ask this weekend.

Until then my best advice is to check the Alexander Arms page:
http://alexanderarms.com/products/product-faqs

They recommend using standard buffer/spring arrangements for both the 50 Beowulf and the 6.5 Grendel.

I haven't gone for either ...yet but I've got buds with both and other than the Grendel guy putting together 26" match style guns neither of them is doing anything particularly weird.

I will say that once the bug has bitten it is almost easier to build another dedicated lower...
alphalimafoxtrot

Archer wrote:Slow connection this early AM
I don't have a lot of 6.5 Grendel exp but I know someone and will try and ask this weekend.

Until then my best advice is to check the Alexander Arms page:
http://alexanderarms.com/products/product-faqs

They recommend using standard buffer/spring arrangements for both the 50 Beowulf and the 6.5 Grendel.
Thanks Archer -

Alexander Arms FAQs answered my question!
NO special buffer - cool deal!

Thanks. Adam
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I did the opposite. Bought another lower then couldn't leave it alone. Built it. Then couldn't leave it with no upper. LOL
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Been there done that.

IF I'm buying a kit I find it hard not to buy on special like my 7.62x39 where I got the kit for the price of the upper alone. In some cases that leads to spare parts. In others it leads to finishing a build and a half and needing another upper.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I'm debating a at upper in 7.62x39 and then start loading for it to see what I can make it do.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!