CVA Hunter

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

CVA Hunter

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Any body here got any experience good or bad with the CVA Hunter? I noticed that the Field and Stream store has them listed in either 44 Mag or 45-70 with scope mount for just under 300.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CVA Hunter

Post by Ranch Dog »

I had one chambered in 35 Rem. It was better than the Rossi Single Shots and H&Rs that I've owned. I bought a "Compact" which was tiny, too small, so I gave it to a small framed fellow that helps me here on the ranch. Never could find a full sized one. Metal was very well finished as was the stock. Action break was slick but tight and trigger perfect. As I recall it did not have open sights but had rings. There was a coupon in the box that you could send in along with the rings and they would return the open sights.
Michael
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

My dad and I both have one on 35 Rem. Mine is still in the box, but I worked up a hunting load for my dad's and it's very accurate. Like RD said, the trigger is perfect.

I think you can find them online for about $250.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

F&S only lists the 44 Mag and the 45-70. Got the 45-70 Wizard so thinking about the 44 Mag for Ohio deer.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
dvw86

Post by dvw86 »

Did you get one yet? I've been researching them a bit as of late as well. With Rossi and H&R both stopping production of the single shots, these are just about the last break action single shots around new. I own the CVA Wolf, and it is a great gun (it is basically the CVA Hunter but as a muzzleloader) I have owned a number of the Rossi and H&R single shots and, as RD said, the CVA is better than both. For under $300 they are a great if not the best option for a new hunting rifle. Once you get over the $300 mark I start to lean towards the Ruger American line of products or Savage Axis. However, the one thing that the CVA has over the "budget" bolt guns is that you can get it in 44 mag and 45-70. Let us know how it goes. I'm curious if these start getting more popular due to the good quality, low price point and lack of competition.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Why did you guys have to go and post this stuff, NOW I WANT ONE,, :evil:

45/70,,,,25" bbl,,,,,,, +1 +corn
After I get my Rossi in 45c
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.