new old Western Field/Stevens 620A - yay!

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
SaltH2Odeprived

Re: new old Western Field/Stevens 620A - yay!

Post by SaltH2Odeprived »

That is a real nice 620!

Here is my 1920's Westernfield Model 30 which is same as Stevens 520.
This one is a 12 ga.
My late brother gave it to me years ago as a new house warming present, he had cut the barrel down to 19 in. It had set in the corner of my closet for years till after refinishing my Rossi 92, I decided to make use of left over TruOil and freshen it up. I didn't even know it was a break down model till I tore it down for finishing.
I bought an 29 in barrel on eBay. The screw that holds the magazine tube to the barrel was broken flush. No one else bid so I got it for only 9.95. The screw came right out with an ease out.
Here it is with the 19 in and the 29 in barrels.
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alphalimafoxtrot

Re: new old Western Field/Stevens 620A - yay!

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

That is a nice Model 30/Stevens 520, thanks for sharing! Aren't they great for easy take down guns?

I am thanking my lucky stars I found one in 20 gauge - around here, impossible to find unless you just go the Gunbroker route. Every one I see has been 12 gauge - which is fine - I just wanted one in 20!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.