It followed Linda home and it's a keeper

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: It followed Linda home and it's a keeper

Post by Moon Tree »

Nice looking 380.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
Took some time and journeyed to the SIG site. Been a very long time since I was there. What a bunch of models ! But the 238 is only chambered in 380 from the info I read. Nice assortment of options.
I bet it could be re-chambered in one.. Those SIGS are built for real use. Have had a model 220 for many years and it shoots every thing I have loaded in it very well and accurate. After shooting it for some years it was no wonder certain "groups" use it always.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

The brand does seem to have a following among those who "go bump in the night" :D From guys I knew in another life it's even more popular than H&K. Although from the one example of that line that we own it is also a finely built and tuned machine.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
I have never fired a H&K hand gun. Held one once and it felt great in my hand... but the $1000 price tag left me far behind. Every thing I have read though says they are as good as a hand gun should be.
I do know the Sig 220 makes me a very confident shooter. I would be very happy if it was the only caliber 45 I owned. But happily it is not but sure holds a very high place in my mind.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

The P238 is almost a exact copy of the older Colt Mustang and is an exceptional .380 Auto.
You can call it a baby 1911 although the mechanism is more Browning lockup and it doesn't have the grip safety.
Biggest difference I know of is the squared off slide Sig uses on their guns.

I really liked the Colt 380 Govt which was a slightly enlarged version of the gun with about a half inch longer barrel and 1 round longer grip/magazine. Colt should never have stopped manufacturing that gun IMO. It used to be available all day long for $399 in blue or $425 in stainless.

They make a slightly different model called the P938 that is the 9mm version of a small almost 1911 feeling gun.
http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductL ... -p938.aspx

Big fan of Sig although I only own a couple of them.