Winchester model 70 .3006 1941 model?

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Winchester model 70 .3006 1941 model?

Post by akuser47 »

My stepdad just bought this a 1941 model 70 in .3006 with a nice walnut stock with qiuck release sling mounts. and very nice rifleing and bright bore no pitting or rust on entire rifle in and out. There is some where from over the uears but not where it counts few nicks and dings here and there. I would say 85% condition. It has an old luepold pioneer 4x fixed power scope mounted on it still bright and clear optics. I hope he lets me take it out and shot it. anyone have experience with this era model 70? My stepdad is an ageing alcoholic that buys stuff and never uses it he has three new guns never shot so I may never get to shot it but it has my interest and he wants my rossi 92 after shooting it so I may just trade it for this nice relic of winchester. What is the value in your opinion I see prewar models selling upwards of 1400 without this scope so I think I will do well to trade my 92 for it.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Winchester model 70 .3006 1941 model?

Post by Ranch Dog »

No doubt this is a fine rifle. When I started to hunt as a kid in the early 60's, the Win M70 was the KING of the South Texas brush country. It must have been about the first thing purchased from many returning from WWII. All the "old guys" (as viewed by a kid) shot them. About 99% of them down here were chambered in 270 Win and the other 1% the 264 Win Mag. I always wondered what happened to them as you never see those old rifles being carried by sons and grandsons. I remember going into Gibson's or Oshman's as a 10 to 12 year old and there being a dozen M70s sitting there, new, all chambered in 270 Win.
Michael