Interesting British Lee Enfield 45-70 bolt gun

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Tazman1602

Re: Interesting British Lee Enfield 45-70 bolt gun

Post by Tazman1602 »

I picked up the last of the Gibbs conversions by Navy Arms about 3 years ago from a guy in Alaska who's also a dealer. Nice gun but disappointing, Feeding issues, no mags available, sights not regulated properly and the rear sight blade fell out on me and Williams can't seem to find me another one. Gonna have to change the entire rear sight to something else.

It does shoot nice, fit and finish are nice, and that action is strong enough to put whatever you want down the tube. I paid $325 SHIPPED. Guess I made out allright............

Art
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. "
---Theodore Roosevelt
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I bought a marlin 45-70 bbl new take off from lever gun and plan on putting on smle or a model 95 Steyr straight pull.
carbine. The steyr would really be a handful since it already kicks like a mule.
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

Zippidydoodah wrote:I bought a marlin 45-70 bbl new take off from lever gun and plan on putting on smle or a model 95 Steyr straight pull.
carbine. The steyr would really be a handful since it already kicks like a mule.

Make sure and post a thread with lots of pictures when you do!
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
AhnkoChee
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by AhnkoChee »

Pretty awesome! I just posted about my 45/70 SMLE based Gibbs Frontier Summit Rifle before I found this post.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

I've got one of the Gibbs conversions. Fine work and it shoots cast really well. Would love to D&T it for the scope mount though!

Art
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. "
---Theodore Roosevelt
Buckeye!

Post by Buckeye! »

When I was really into the 45/70 (still am just not as much) I owned a Navy Arms Enfield in 45/70 ..purchased it at a Roses Dept. Store for 299.00 ..it was very nice..the gun absolutely loved 425 gr LHCGC bullets pushed hard...I could make the OAL a bit more ...extremely accurate ...the combo was absolutely the ticket for Bear...and Hawgs .. lost my job and had to sell it with a passel of other firearms :(