Leather

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Leather

Post by akuser47 »

High polish stainless vaquero. I used blue magic polish and it is amazing in person. Looks like mirrored glass. Took work to get it here as they don't look like this from the factory. None I've seen anyway especially mine it was going to be sent back to factory by a dealer I frequent I checked it out and said I'd take it. It had black all over the surface I knew I could polish I've used mother mag polish in the jar it does ok but blue magic it is amazing on good stainless. Also to get back on topic triple k Wyoming belt n holster is what I'll get some day. For the money and a production leather rig hard to beat.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Medium or small frame (does it have the word "NEW" roll marked on it)?

I have to have blue/color case. My one SS gift is enough SS for me.

Any mods? I'm a tinkerer.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

It's new model, I had to replace a broken transfer bar safety sometime back and I polished up the interfacing trigger parts while I had it apart. It's a sweet shooter. I never had to file my front sight like many others but lightest round I shot is 158 grain. I like thumper rounds :) closer to 180 grain. Either way simple dependable and pretty gun.
Also ruger when I called to get the transfer bar asked for serial number asked for address then a week later I had them in the mail free no charge. Great cs
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

Drooling all over my keyboard :D

Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Nice one AK,

I've had excellent CS from Ruger a time or two and I've gotten the parts girl when she wasn't exactly in a good mood. Also had them pull the 'that's a certified Ruger service center only part' once or twice including one time when it was a simple allen head screw.

I had to buy a new mainspring assembly for my MKII when the bolt stop pin broke off the tab that went into the assembly. Could maybe have replaced just the pin and it's pivot pin but as it is a swaged pinned assembly I didn't want to screw with it. I'd also replaced most of the other springs in the gun due to them fatiguing and breaking off a coil or three so it made sense to get a new mainspring in it as well.
slimcowboy1978

Post by slimcowboy1978 »

GasGuzzler wrote:Nice pic. I need a an original size Vaq in .45C, 5.5" bbl. Color case/blue of course. I have dies and no .45C....and no money after buying the .357 R92.
the one I posted is a .44 Mag, the grips are hand made by me to custom fit the costumer's hands. I smoothed up the trigger for him while I was doing the grips.. every thing else on the gun is stock from the 1970's.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

5 years ago was this Tanery out in North Salt Lake.
I could buy hides and hardware so cheap, i made all kinds of stuff.
Cell phone cases, knife and gun leaters, holsters.
They up and went out of business, now I pay Tandy prices.
There is aplace called Becker Leather (Rip off)
bummer,,,, :(
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.