Hi-Point .40 S&W Carbine

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Chiefeis

Hi-Point .40 S&W Carbine

Post by Chiefeis »

My newest addition to our (small but growing) collection is a Hi-Point .40 S&W Carbine. Paid $299. Got it last weekend, took it to the range today to just get familiar with it. 100 rounds later I have to say I like it.

One of the other officers at my unit had a spare foregrip w/bipod - great addition.

For what it's worth, my wife likes the CJ .45/.410 better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GasGuzzler

Re: Hi-Point .40 S&W Carbine

Post by GasGuzzler »

Looks like it works well. To be honest I would expected less after reading about the 9mm version.

Good for you.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Chief, your wife has good taste in firearms :)

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Chiefeis

Post by Chiefeis »

GasGuzzler wrote:Looks like it works well. To be honest I would expected less after reading about the 9mm version.

Good for you.
I read some, um, unkind things about them as well. But a very good friend of mine, retired cav scout (tabbed Ranger, Sniper, and Sapper as well) had very good things to say about the carbines, including the 9mm. In fact, after we talked he said he was going to go buy another one.

In short - when it comes to weapons, I trust those whom *I* know know weapons over some random dude on the Interwebs. And yes, I see the irony, since I'm that random guy right now. :D
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I see your point as I'm another guy on the internet as well.

But like I said, it works!

That's what matters.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
cstone

Post by cstone »

Hi-Point is made in the USA. They shoot well and are built like a tank. Not the easiest carbine to field strip and the magazines only work in Hi-Point firearms.

If I didn't have a Kel Tec Sub2000 that shares magazines with my Glock 22, I would have gotten a Hi-Point. The most persistent negative I hear about the Hi-Point carbine is that it is butt ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I like to shoot my guns, not eyeball them.
adepto super vestri ego
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I've had the 995 9mm carbine since the Clinton ban days never failed very accurate. They have unbeatable warranty. I broke my stock my fault and they replaced it free of charge. let the gun do the talking on the range as it will generally outshoot the guys or gals that ridicule the gun. Nice gun thanks for sharing.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Chiefeis

Post by Chiefeis »

Just got a matching Hi-Point .40 S&W pistol. Can't wait to take the pair to the range.