1000 yard AR15

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

1000 yard AR15

Post by Quinc »

One of my new hobbies and what got me into reloading is long range precision shooting. And yes you can do it with an AR15 and .223 ammo! Actually not that hard to hit the target. Its the getting them all in around around the X that's hard!
Rifle is:
PSA lower
Geissele NM trigger
HP Armory buttstock
26" WOA Upper
Harris S bi-pod
Optic is SFWA 5-20HD Scope

A picture through the scope at the 800yard line
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 1000 yard AR15

Post by akuser47 »

Nice stick I have had the honer of shooting an ar with my boy scout troop at camp perry and at 500 yards I could hit the X when my eyes were good on iron sights nowadays I cannot see at 100 yards very well. I primarly use scopes to assist me in finding my targets. This is my long range stick in .308 I don't have anywhere near enough to shoot 1000yards here but I have a 200 yard range at my club and 600yard range on a lane to stretch her legs a bit not much but fun I roll my own to do this long range is costly for match ammo unless you roll your own. My stick shoots well glad to see DMR ar in the site
Mine started out as a remy 700 VLS that had the nice laminate stock I switched to the B&C medalists stock, jewel trigger R n D precision did my bolt work and bolt knob I cannot remember who I had true my action and get it all dialed in might have been R n D don't remember, Burris XTR 6by24 by 50 scope, all well her is my long stick
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!