Problem With The Buckmark Slide Sticking

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Problem With The Buckmark Slide Sticking

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Jaybm wrote:As a follow-up, took the Buckmark to the range today and it racked slick as a
whistle !
Safe to say the Quantum Hot Sauce will be my go to lube for the slides.

Oh ... tried the Otis Ear Shields again, my opinion wasn't changed, don't
waste your money.

Jim
Quantum hot sauce, now that's a new one on me! Thanks for sharing Jim
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

Doc ...

Quantum Hot Sauce Reel Oil has unique qualities not found in ordinary reel oils. Low viscosity levels yield a freer rotation of moving parts, and its special formulation causes the oil to bond molecularly with the base metal. Low-friction polymers in Quantum Hot Sauce Reel Oil hold the grease on the wear surface and prevent migration in the gears and drags.
Quantum Hot Sauce Reel Oil:
Low viscosity
Low-friction polymers
Prevents migration in the gears and drags
Bonds molecularly with the base metal

That tip makes it easy to apply in tight places. like the slide on the Buckmark. It ain't cheap !

Wally World and most sporting goods stores have it.

I'll stick with Mobil One for all other firearms.

Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

They have oil and grease. $10 per tiny tube on eBay. Never heard of it before this topic. I'll have to keep an eye out for this stuff.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Jaybm wrote:Doc ...

Quantum Hot Sauce Reel Oil has unique qualities not found in ordinary reel oils. Low viscosity levels yield a freer rotation of moving parts, and its special formulation causes the oil to bond molecularly with the base metal. Low-friction polymers in Quantum Hot Sauce Reel Oil hold the grease on the wear surface and prevent migration in the gears and drags.
Quantum Hot Sauce Reel Oil:
Low viscosity
Low-friction polymers
Prevents migration in the gears and drags
Bonds molecularly with the base metal

That tip makes it easy to apply in tight places. like the slide on the Buckmark. It ain't cheap !

Wally World and most sporting goods stores have it.

I'll stick with Mobil One for all other firearms.

Jim
Jim, as soon as I looked this up yesterday, my first thought was " finally, a product I could use and probably not have to order in" Given this is fishing country, primarily salt water fishing, there is are quit a few mom and pop tackle stores near by. It makes perfect sense that the properties of this lube would make a good choice in the areas you mentioned. I always get a little excited when things work out thinking outside the box! Hope you are good.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C