A new Ruger

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

A new Ruger

Post by rman »

I've always loved Ruger single action revolvers. They are kind of like Rossi 92's. They just look and feel right. I have Single Sixes in .22 LR/.22 WMR and .32 H&R Magnum. I have Blackhawks in .357 Mag/9mm, .41 Mag, .44 Mag and .45 Colt/.45 Auto. About 2 years ago I bought a Ruger Bearcat and it's a sweet little gun. My only criticism is the narrow, tiny little sights. Ruger now makes them for Lipseys with adjustable sights and I just picked one up yesterday. What a difference the sights make! I think this might just be the perfect little kit gun.

I haven't got a photo of it yet, but this link takes you to Ruger's web site. Mouse over the second item in the list and you can see what it looks like. Looks kind of like a baby Blackhawk.

http://ruger.com/products/newBearcatDE/models.html
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: A new Ruger

Post by akuser47 »

I have a vaqauro in .357 and a blued single six
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

rman ... that new Bearcat offering looks really nice. I handed down the 1972 vintage SA6 .22/.22mag to my son and grandson about 10 years ago and never got around to replacing it with a decent quality .22 revolver. That new Bearcat really got my attention a few months ago when they first offered it.

I want a range report so I can keep my wish list active :D

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

I'm kind of disabled at the moment, but hopefully will get to the range next month some time. I'll post a range report and some photos.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
My first 44 Mag was a Ruger. But a few years later (1982) a 41 mag got my attention and I sold off the 44's. Then followed the 45 Colts. So now have several 41's and 45's. I really like the Bisley's. That grip fits my smallish hands fine and the 45 Colt with a 285 grainer feels much better.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I kinda scared to post this in a Rossi forum, but I dont thinK you will find a better revolver.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

I'm glad to see some other Ruger SA fans. I guess it's not surprising though. What goes with a 92 lever action better than a single action?

No range report yet, but here are a couple of pictures of my "Baby Blackhawk", or maybe I should say "Baby Single Six"

mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Nice!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics. Really nice .... and yes, I'm a Ruger fan too

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I love the Super Black Hawks and New Model Single Six.
I think I will begin looking for a Single Six in 32 H R mag, or Super Black Hawk in Colt 45, if I can find one with long barrel. 6 1/2 be nice, or longer
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

I have a Single Six in .32 H&R with a 6.5" barrel. It may be my favorite Ruger single action. It's an accurate, sweet shooting little six gun. I haven't used in on small game, but with the right loads it should be a winner.