Night Sights

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Mrlucky353

Night Sights

Post by Mrlucky353 »

Any recommendations for night sights on a carry pistol?
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Night Sights

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
Several companies make the tritium sights which last 7 years plus. They show up even in the darkest hole out in the woods. One company may not make the "size" you need but someone else will.
If your CC is usually in lighted areas the "light collector" colored type are fast and much more economical.
Then there is the simple white dot or line painted (finger nail polish) on the sights. You may be surprised how well they work even in low light. My Rossi and S&W here are white strip painted and will do all I need. A white strip of medical tape down the barrel / slide will take care of many conditions at 10 feet. It comes down to what you are comfortable with and is affordable. I try to look at real life and ask constantly "what are the conditions and possibilities I will face. Then I prepare for those and not what is going on in Chicago.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Mrlucky353

Post by Mrlucky353 »

Thanks Mike.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Xs big dot are my favorite fast acquisition in daylight bright tritium at night. Great sights I have them on my Kimber full size .45 acp and on my g26.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

On my Taurus PT111Pro & PT745, and my CZ82 I use Tritium sights. The sights to fit the Taurus models where hard to find and a bit more money when I did find them through Heine. I wanted the three dot vs. the straight eight. I found sights for the CZ82 on Amazon.

On my other pistols that I carry at night, like my Taurus 732 & 738, I use Nitesiters. I have heard some on TaurusArmed state that they come off but I use the industrial super glue that is used for my strain gauges and don't have a problem. I also have some primer sealer, a nail polish like finish, that I think could be used to fix them but that might affect the product. There are all types of super glue and on the hardware store racks are very basic in everything including lifespan. There are some premium mixes that simply will not let go.
Michael
Mrlucky353

Post by Mrlucky353 »

Thanks for the replies Guys.