Parts is Parts, AR-15 in the works

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Parts is Parts, AR-15 in the works

Post by Archer »

So here's the latest in the White Oak. The PSA I built before that on a LRB receiver. The pre-KaliBan Bushmaster I've had for almost a couple decades and the halfbuilt LRB.

Since these pictures the LRBs both have Battle Arms Development selectors installed.
I'll be installing BCM QD endplates eventually. Have one on hand and I'm waiting for another to hit the shop.

Need to decide on a build or get a built upper for the halfbuilt.
Leaning toward a 16" chrome lined mid gas from my bud's shop as a first choice. 2nd is a PSA. 3rd is a toss-up between my putting together a 10" heavy barrel I've got and getting the other parts to go with it vs. a Bushmaster upper. I'd somewhat rather do the 20" with a 1:7 barrel rather than the 1:9 I have on hand but sometimes it's a matter of what you've got.

Sorry the pics aren't higher res.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

P.S.
This keeps up with these LEGGO guns and I'm going to have to go out and buy a few more lever actions just to balance things out.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

My Daniel defense DDM4V5 1by7 barrel I love it, and my bushmaster m4 1by9 barrel. I've got ammo weight ranges covered well by both, but man oh man the 1by 7 can drive the m855 accurately Federal surplus and radway green m855. M193 in my bushmaster is the same. I just had to share as well love the pics archer
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Guess I don't have a pic of mine with the Nikon AR223 scope and MagPul single point.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Cool train as well.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Well the halfbuilt is going to wind up looking like the PSA/LRB except:
1) OD Green
2) Carbon 1:7 'heavy' contour 16" chrome lined barrel
(BLACK instead of Stainless on the exposed barrel, otherwise the same)
3) For right now the rear sight will be a MBUS Pro from MagPul

Eventually I will probably end up putting dot sights on both the LRBs and a honest scope on the White Oak.

I notice that MagPul has gone to M-Lok pattern rail attachment on all their MOE handguards now.
I got the last one that was pre M-Lok in OD lying around the shop on hold for me. Not that I was dodging M-Lok just that it was available without ordering something in.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I'm almost done with another but mine are cheap.

Sorta.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

GG,
The Bushmaster was pre-crime bill and wasn't exactly inexpensive back in the day, but I bought it used as they were warming up the mag ban and trying to ban anything that even looked like an AR in CA so even though I got it from a bud it was a bit higher than I'd have liked to spend.

The White Oak is a wish list gun.

The LRBs are both pretty reasonable to start with.
I do have a tendency to upgrade a mite as time goes by however.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Finally got the 3 new ones out to the range for some trigger time.
Light functional test but no real accuracy work due to time constraints.
100% functional on all three with 3 different shooters. Several dead cans and clays.

The White Oak was a bit louder than the LRBs. The classic birdcages are just quieter than the compensator.
I need a light scope on it. I'm thinking 30mm 3-9 Leupold MK AR.

Both LRBs seem ok. I'll want to put dot sights on them eventually. Probably MRO Trijcons or Aimpoint minis.

I was slightly concerned about the possibility of walking trigger/hammer pins on the LRB receivers.
One of my buds had some issues with one of his and he resorted to KNS non rotational pins.
I'm not convinced he had the hammer spring installed so that it was bearing on the trigger pin grooves.
Those receivers were part of a group buy of around 30 or more. I know at least two of my buds got them and at least 6 receivers wound up where I ought to have heard about any issues. Through the grapevine I'd expect to have heard about any others in the buy with problems. I don't consider the ones I have to have been 'wrung out' but I don't expect any issues. I think my buddy jumped the gun on the KNS pins.

Still got the 308 and at least another 5.56 to build.
Picked up a bolt for the next 5.56 last weekend. I'm thinking 20" this time.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Awesome glad they function, now accuracy tests to see what they can do oh yea +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!