Bought my first Smith&Wesson the other day

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Bought my first Smith&Wesson the other day

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Last Sunday we went to the local Field & Stream store for customer appreciation day and I left with a new rifle. They had S&W m7p 15-22s on sale for half price and since I've want an AR in 22RF for a long time one of them followed me home. Considering local supplies it's fortunate that I have a considerable supply of ammo for it and so far it's run with everything I've stoked it with. I'm happy with it. At that price it was less than any of the good uppers I've seen and nobody I've talked too has anything good to say about the conversion units and they're pretty pricey as well.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Bought my first Smith&Wesson the other day

Post by Archer »

.22LR ammo is still being scalped.
I refuse to play the scalper's game.

My local gunshop occasionally gets some in and will give me a chance at it from time to time.
As you say I stocked up BO (before Obama)
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

sounds like you got a heck of a sweet deal 3wheels. I'm personally not really into the "black rifles" (AR, AK, etc), but I have been tempted the last 5-6 years. If the ammo crunch hadn't happened when it did, I'm sure I would have had a half way tricked out AR and the 22lr conversion upper. Now with the S&W and other dedicated 22lr clones around I would certainly be tempted if 22 ammo was as available as in the good old days.

I wouldn't mind hearing more of your experiences with the S&W .... and maybe some pics of gun and targets

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I was never really into the black rifles until the idiots in politics told me I couldn't have one.
So I went out and bought two. I've come to respect them more over the years since then.

The .22 LR ARs seem to be well received and have the advantage of a similar manual of arms as the 5.56 guns. I think the Smith may be one of the better examples of the rimfire versions and I would take it over the Mossberg any day as I think the Mossberg is just their plinkster with a plastic look alike stock. I find myself reaching for a 10/22 though as my first semi auto choice in a little carbine.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Know what you mean abut the 10/22s got 2 of them one since 1970 and the other more recent (plastic butt plate - yetch) both shoot great. I worked the 15-22 off hand on a local indoor range and I could tell it had been a long time since I'd shot any off hand, so no pictures of that target ;) . I'll see what this weekend brings, so far the rains here have managed to cancel two range sessions.

Speaking of rains I hope all of our Texas friends are okay and I guess Oklahoma is starting to get hit also.

Kep yur powder dry and make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image