Taurus PT132--More Fun, Less Work

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Mrlucky353

Taurus PT132--More Fun, Less Work

Post by Mrlucky353 »

Hi Guys,

Here's a short report on a newly acquired Taurus PT132 Millenium Pro in 32acp.

Taurus says the pistol was factory reconditioned, and it has a full functional lifetime warranty except for cosmetic blemishes or defects. Other than arriving with plenty of old dried grease protecting the components, I could find no blemishes. It looked like it had been sitting in a closet for several years. And since there are currently several websites offering these discontinued pistols for sale, perhaps someone in a Taurus warehouse recently answered the question: "I wonder what's in that old crate in the corner."

Resisting the irresistable urge to go directly from the FFL to the shooting range, I went home to give the PT132 a good basic cleaning and inspection. Internally, I saw no signs of wear. Both magazines also looked new.

Just like on Christmas eve, the next day I left work an hour early. At the range, five brands of FMJ ammo were tested. As expected with the MilPro's relatively larger slide, hotter ammo worked better than milder ammo. One benefit of the larger slide is that the tiny 32 acp brass were only thrown about five feet to the right when ejected. This is quite a benefit compared to a Keltec P32 which thows brass about 15 feet in every direction. The Easter egg hunt for those tiny brass is much easier with the Taurus.

There were initially a few light primer strikes, but those disappeared after disassembly and cleaning of the firing pin channel.

The PT132 has an adjustable rear sight, which required a half turn of the adjusting screw to center. Once adjusted, the pistol shot where aimed when the trigger was pulled.

If over the years you've endured the shock and awe of thousands of 40 S&W or 45 ACP explosions 18 inches in front of your face, it is only natural to expect a Pavlovian response during your next pull of the trigger. Some say 'don't flinch' as if it were a voluntary decision. However, for some mere mortals (such as myself), there is a heightening sense of anticipation as a trigger is slowly pulled when shooting a centerfire pistol for accuracy.

And therein lies the joy of the 32 acp cartridge. It is painless. It is a pure joy to shoot. With barely more recoil than a 22LR, the 32 acp makes shooting fun. If the 40 and 45 are the B1 Bombers of centerfire pistol cartridges, then the 32 acp is like a Piper Cub.

It's a lot less work, and a lot more fun.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Taurus PT132--More Fun, Less Work

Post by Ranch Dog »

It looks like a really good deal for a great handgun! As we discussed, I love mine!

Michael