I hate to be a enabler, but the Mini-Mauser at this price?

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I hate to be a enabler, but the Mini-Mauser at this pric

Post by Ranch Dog »

mr surveyor wrote:wow .... that's nearly 30-30 ballistics :) (joking ... sort of)

jd

(still nice looking rifles though)
Actually, it is a little less.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Ranch Dog wrote:
mr surveyor wrote:wow .... that's nearly 30-30 ballistics :) (joking ... sort of)

jd

(still nice looking rifles though)
Actually, it is a little less.
It always is but there's a lot of folks out there that will attempt to make the claim that it is the same as.
At least I've run into a lot of them over the years.
I haven't asked them if they work on the Federal budget...
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I have no personal experience with the 7.62x39 out of a better made rifle .... just with the "less than stellar accuracy" from the old Yugo SKS. What kind of accuracy can be achieved with the Zastava in 7.62x39? I really am interested.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

mr surveyor wrote:I have no personal experience with the 7.62x39 out of a better made rifle .... just with the "less than stellar accuracy" from the old Yugo SKS. What kind of accuracy can be achieved with the Zastava in 7.62x39? I really am interested.
5 shots at 100 yards, 1.25 ~ 1.35 MOA with my cast TLC313-150-RF. My Savage Scout can cut that a by a third but you are talking a near $900 rifle.

The Mini-Mauser comes with a stained walnut stock. It is well sanded but needs to be protected. I cleaned it and applied the Tru-Oil.
Michael
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Ranch Dog wrote:
mr surveyor wrote:I have no personal experience with the 7.62x39 out of a better made rifle .... just with the "less than stellar accuracy" from the old Yugo SKS. What kind of accuracy can be achieved with the Zastava in 7.62x39? I really am interested.
5 shots at 100 yards, 1.25 ~ 1.35 MOA with my cast TLC313-150-RF. My Savage Scout can cut that a by a third but you are talking a near $900 rifle.

The Mini-Mauser comes with a stained walnut stock. It is well sanded but needs to be protected. I cleaned it and applied the Tru-Oil.

That's plenty good for a compact rifle.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

RD, zastava didn't use any Mauser parts in their designer did they shrink the bolt design, etc? Does it have the claw style extractor too ?
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I cannot answer questions on the m85. I've always wanted a bolt gun in this affordable caliber. I always talk myself out of it though because I have an arsenal sam7-s that using cheap wolf steel case can have average shot groups of 2.75" off the bench at 100 yards, most my other ak rifles are 4.5" or worse. So I still tell myself to just focus first on developing a load for this gun to see if it will work well as it has a five round mag amoung all other mag. options. Shes heavy in comparison to the m85 I know im nuts , but I like it. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I bought a new bbl in 7.62x39 with iron sights, only problem is deciding whether to cut a Mauser receiver and bolt to make it compact or look for a correct receiver. Bbl is 18-1/2" probably why it was a takeoff, but really will be compact, almost like a b-b gun.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:RD, zastava didn't use any Mauser parts in their designer did they shrink the bolt design, etc? Does it have the claw style extractor too ?
They are a mini but have to use a push feed rather than the control feed. I've seen a couple of professional built 7.62x39 Mausers on GunBroker that are definitely mini's but never asked the question about the feed. May be it is something that just won't work, the controlled feed, on such a short action. One of the rifles I really missed, goofed up on the closing time, I sold for a very low price like the offering that is the subject of this topic. It was a very nice rifle.
Michael