Any thing that's light and shoots well, need.

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
jdb

Re: Any thing that's light and shoots well, need.

Post by jdb »

Kiwi-Hunter wrote:Well I came across this http://www.bipodshootingsticks.com/
I have given myself an early gift :)
The support on the arm looked like it may help +corn will do a follow up on it.
300 someone else is looking for a gift :roll:
KH
Well, we ARE coming up on Christmas brother. ;~)

Glad ya found something that might work for ya. Look forward to the test results. I ain't gettin' any younger and my little Rossi is the lightest gun I own...and it ain't all that light anymore. ;~)

And ZIPPY, I LOVE the Contender. I don't own one, but I have a buddy that does in about a half dozen calibers and the thing is a nail drive in all of 'um!

He's got his set up with a hammer offset, a thumb hole rifle stock, some fancy extended drop/target style forearm and a scope on every barrel. Ain't NOTHING he ain't prepared to shoot! LOL

And even with all the bells and whistles, it's really not that heavy the best I remember. Yep, you could do a lot worse for a lot more money for sure!
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Well, had the local gun shop bring in two rifles to look at, a savage light 5.5lb and a Kimber 5.6lb
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11LH
http://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/model-84m/montana-3
The savage wasn't true in the weight and the bolt very stiff not balanced enough.
The Kimber floor plate mag ( top feeder) a lot of money for not much.
My thought out of the box, did fit me and the balance for me wasn't there.
The AR platform is heavy but it was more manageable than the rifles! being able to support it by the mag.
After trying a few different stocks on the AR I have gone back to thinking along that line, I will look into the Thompson set up.
Yesterday left me with this thought, Bullpup
A bullpup AR who is doing them as I didn't find much.
Did see this for a browning bar.but haven't been able to find it.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009 ... onversion/
If I could find a bullpup in .223 it could be the way to go.
I haven't got the gear to make something but may travel that road as well.
Time is against all of us in the field of hunting, joints, backs, knees, age, what weight we can lug.
I am thankful for the Range :D
AKuser47 always has something to add, have you seen the bullpups and can I get it out of the states?
+corn
KH
Last edited by Kiwi-Hunter on 17 Dec 2014 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
No one ever regrets buying quality
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Not lately as the trigger system on most of them made accuracy tuff to achieve. If you are looking for a nice bull pup a few coworkers swear by their tavor. They even have a 9mm tavor now. Check them out they are functional and accurate. Not cheap but not much worth haveing ever is other than our rossi 92 ' s.http://www.iwi.us/TAVOR
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Thanks AKuser47
Yes they are out of my price range, but nice work in finding them.
The build goes' on +corn
KH
No one ever regrets buying quality
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

The hardest part for bullpup conversions is trigger bar function. Because of were traditional triggers are compared to the bullpup design. Thus a longer more complex trigger bar assembly that makes the triggers horrible. Just be sure to try before you buy if at all possible. Also look into the bushmaster M17S they stopped production 2005 but I see them used once in a while.
jdb

Post by jdb »

Yep, it's hard to beat the AR platform Kiwi. It's why guys...like AK love um. They were designed from the first prototype with ergonomics and functionality in mind. The problem I've seen with them over the years is they've evolved into the Barby dolls of guns. People want to hang everything AND a coffee maker off them. ;~)

It's made them extremely versatile and functional, but I think it's hurt the development of the design for hunters a little. The good news is, some of the makers are starting to move almost exclusively toward the hunter and away from the tactical in their development. And these new plastic printers are allowing for rapid prototyping of parts by even the average guy. Heck, my nephew is doing it...and he's not really even a gun guy. LOL

I think it's just a matter of time before the AR gets a face-lift that will make it perfect for even the aging hunter at a price anyone can stomach. Of course, at some of our ages, waiting for somebody else to do it ain't really an option. ;~0
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

jdb wrote:Yep, it's hard to beat the AR platform Kiwi. It's why guys...like AK love um. They were designed from the first prototype with ergonomics and functionality in mind. The problem I've seen with them over the years is they've evolved into the Barby dolls of guns. People want to hang everything AND a coffee maker off them. ;~)

It's made them extremely versatile and functional, but I think it's hurt the development of the design for hunters a little. The good news is, some of the makers are starting to move almost exclusively toward the hunter and away from the tactical in their development. And these new plastic printers are allowing for rapid prototyping of parts by even the average guy. Heck, my nephew is doing it...and he's not really even a gun guy. LOL

I think it's just a matter of time before the AR gets a face-lift that will make it perfect for even the aging hunter at a price anyone can stomach. Of course, at some of our ages, waiting for somebody else to do it ain't really an option. ;~0
Agreed, the prices have been dropping drastically on them as well. The market is saturated with ar everthing. For my ar as long as I have my light, bottle cap opener, red dot, 3xmagnifier, laser designator, and my tapatalk attachment I'm living minimal. Lol I kid I kid
Here we are now were did I put my tapatalk attachment.
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Forgot the trailer hitch and windshield wipers
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

where's the cup holder :lol:

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!