Any thing that's light and shoots well, need.

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Kiwi-Hunter

Re: Any thing that's light and shoots well, need.

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Thanks have to find a link to the shooting stick.
The AR the left can just make the mag to hold it, and that at the moment this limits most I what I can do standing.
The ground is along way down then there is the long way up:)
KH
No one ever regrets buying quality
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

KH

I've been noticing the last few years that even though I'm only 5'-8" plus a little (1.727 meters), whenever I drop something that's necessary, it's a lot farther to the ground. I've also found that my arms must be getting shorter when I put my socks and boots on ..... and when I absolutely have to try to read something. I'm blaming it on the theory that the universe is expanding ;)

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Hi JD
Was wondering when you where going to show up:)
I am still walking round a block in the morning ,then just push it back under the bed.
KH
ole single shooter

Post by ole single shooter »

I like the walk around the block thing. lol Mind if I borrow it?
What's with the CZ 527 carbine ? :) what about the AR? Just my opinion and remains so- I have one in .223. Easy to handle--almost boringly accurate, and never a glitch in function. I hear the much cheaper Marlin bolts are proving to be just as good.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

ole single shooter wrote:I like the walk around the block thing. lol Mind if I borrow it?
What's with the CZ 527 carbine ? :) what about the AR? Just my opinion and remains so- I have one in .223. Easy to handle--almost boringly accurate, and never a glitch in function. I hear the much cheaper Marlin bolts are proving to be just as good.
The Cz 527 are just sexy. I love my ar and my ak rifles both of which can do all I need. I still love the good old bolt actions. To each their own choice.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

I have had a few auto's over the years, and always go back to the bolt, as it's one shot hunting for food.
Now if it is culling sometime an auto would work well, but as a friend of mine said you still have to be able to shoot.
I like youth size rifles as it makes them easer to hold.
Wood is always nice as I have so many plastic things like A bolts.
KH
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

KH, I agree with you on the "short stock" long guns ... particularly with shotguns. Due to a 30 year old shoulder injury on the right, and a few other injured/malfunctioning joints (including being digitally challenged with short, chunky, stiff fingers), I have to do a lot of searching to find firearms that fit my personal needs. A few years ago after having gone through a number of shotguns for dove hunting, of all things I found the Mossberg 500 Bantam (youth model) with 22" 20 ga barrel worked well. Fortunately, my left arm can handle the pump action fine with the short stock.

I do understand where you're coming from with your search for the right fit due to personal needs.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
jdb

Post by jdb »

Kiwi-Hunter wrote:Thanks have to find a link to the shooting stick.
The AR the left can just make the mag to hold it, and that at the moment this limits most I what I can do standing.
The ground is along way down then there is the long way up:)
KH
Here is a link to one Kiwi. http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/product ... k-M62.html

This one has a a grip and lanyard for the wrist. It adjust from 22" to 62", so you could probably use it against your belt or the ground. It's not the exact one I was thinking about, but it's close. I just can't remember who makes the ones I saw. Sorry, but if ya look around enough, I suspect ya can find something that will work for ya if you decide to go that way.
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Thanks for that jdb.
KH
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

mr surveyor wrote:KH, I agree with you on the "short stock" long guns ... particularly with shotguns. Due to a 30 year old shoulder injury on the right, and a few other injured/malfunctioning joints (including being digitally challenged with short, chunky, stiff fingers), I have to do a lot of searching to find firearms that fit my personal needs. A few years ago after having gone through a number of shotguns for dove hunting, of all things I found the Mossberg 500 Bantam (youth model) with 22" 20 ga barrel worked well. Fortunately, my left arm can handle the pump action fine with the short stock.

I do understand where you're coming from with your search for the right fit due to personal needs.

jd
Hi JD
Yes the youth models seem to come up nice, I have an 870 20ga which all kids learned to shoot with.
The m1 Benelli I cut the butt on which works for me light as well, the m2 couldn't be cut with all that stuff in the butt.
That's why I like the Rossi short stock nice spring job easy to lever.
Still would like a .223 in 1 /9 may have to re barrel if I can't fined what I am after the CZ carbine has ticked the box so far +corn
The older I get the more I notice the damage of a way would youth :oops:
KH