It Ain't a Lever

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: It Ain't a Lever

Post by Jaybm »

Hey, welcome back KH, been missing you !

WOW. awesome weapon !

May get in a range trip this morning and finish zeroing the Red Dot
at fifty yards.

Have a great day ... Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Jaybm wrote:Hey, welcome back KH, been missing you !

WOW. awesome weapon !

May get in a range trip this morning and finish zeroing the Red Dot
at fifty yards.

Have a great day ... Jim
Hi Jim
How's that red dot going for you. Mine has taken a bit of getting use to. it's no SCOPE
I home kill and I took one of those FTX and shot a sheep in the head.
It's wheels just went out from under him, good hole going into the head no exit.
My loads are still a little hot and flatten primers- but the Rossi is standing up to it.
I have two other rifles I am trying to sort out at the moment then mat be back to the 357.
KH
No one ever regrets buying quality
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

What is the rifle?
Michael
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Nice rifle KH! I wish it were as easy to get a can here as it is in NZ. Actually, they're not technically hard - it's just all the money, paperwork and waiting that makes it hard. Kansas is a gun-friendly state, but the Feds make it as difficult as they can. Theoretically, it is legal here to make your own, install it and use it, as long as it doesn't leave the state. I expect the feds to file a lawsuit over that new state law though, so I wouldn't take the chance.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Ranch Dog wrote:What is the rifle?
Hi RD
It's a Winchester youth ranger, just a working rifle (nock about) on the bike or ute ( pick up).
Well made little rifle bit to heavy for me.
KH
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

rman wrote:Nice rifle KH! I wish it were as easy to get a can here as it is in NZ. Actually, they're not technically hard - it's just all the money, paperwork and waiting that makes it hard. Kansas is a gun-friendly state, but the Feds make it as difficult as they can. Theoretically, it is legal here to make your own, install it and use it, as long as it doesn't leave the state. I expect the feds to file a lawsuit over that new state law though, so I wouldn't take the chance.
And you say land of the free :?: :oops: :roll: :)
We are over governed here as well :)
KH
jdb

Post by jdb »

Kiwi-Hunter wrote: And you say land of the free :?: :oops: :roll: :)
We are over governed here as well :)
KH
Actually Kiwi, it's more like the state of the free. It REALLY just depends on the state you are in as to how it is to own a suppressed gun. And there are 37 states that allow it. Here in Kentucky, as long as you are of legal age to own the gun, fill out the ATF form 4 to buy one or ATF form 1 to make one, get the Sheriff or Police Chief to sign it and pay the 200 bucks for the ATF stamp, it's legal to make, use, buy or sell silencers. NO special federal dealers licenses required...nothing. Just fill out the proper ATF form an away ya go.

Some states have slightly different regs about hunting with them, but most that allow them, allow hunting with them.

Heck, if any of you guys are interested, here is the ATF site to download the forms. ;~) http://www.atf.gov/content/library/firearms-forms

Personally, I think it a violation of our constitutional rights. People argue that it's a states right to "regulate" our right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed in the 2nd Amendment or for the fed to "register" firearms transactions of a certain type in one breath, but you don't hear those same jackwagons claiming that the state or federal government has a authority to throw out the right to a speedy trial by a jury of their peers guaranteed in the 6th Amendment.

It's unconstitutional for the federal government to regulate our guns in ANY manner!

The founding fathers carried concealed pistols all the time...even on the floor of the House and Senate in the day. Even into the White House. Some of our founding fathers kept the most destructive weapons of mass destruction of their day...the cannon...on their front lawns. Heck, where do ya think most the cannon used to fight the British with came from when the Revolutionary War first broke out?

Our government is out of control. Of that there is no doubt. It's up to us to fix it!

Ok, rant off. LOL

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I DO love your little rabbit slayer and I'll forgive ya that it ain't a Rossi. I only wish I could figure out how to fit a can on my Rossi and it not look like a elephant riding a whiz ant. LOL
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Thanks for the rant :) I like that state had an in crease of gun owners lately:)
Know trouble to put a can on a Rossi. the links are some of many.

KH
jdb

Post by jdb »

Kiwi-Hunter wrote:Thanks for the rant :) I like that state had an in crease of gun owners lately:)
Know trouble to put a can on a Rossi. the links are some of many.

KH
LOL...yeah, I know, but I just can't bring myself to put a can on a lever gun. It's kind of like if someone had ask John Wayne to wear pink chaps in True Grit. ;~)

Just wouldn't have had the same effect with those reins in his teeth, a Winchester in each hand and pink chaps a flappin' in the wind. LOL

A can on a lever gun kinda feels like pink chaps to me. Just something wrong about it. ;~)

As to gun owners in Kentucky, I'd say. But it's not just lately. Kentucky has the highest hunter participation rate of any state in the United States and has for YEARS. There are LITERALLY 3 guns for every man, woman and child in the state of Kentucky. And a couple years ago, we overwhelmingly passed a Constitutional Amendment to our state Constitution that says that hunting, fishing and trapping is a RIGHT of every citizen of Kentucky and that hunting fishing and trapping are the primary method of wildlife conservation in the state.

That means that the federal government or some group of tree hugging eco-terrorist can't plant wolves in our state, call them endangered and use it as an excuse to keep us from killing their "food sources" or killing THEM to protect and conserve our other wildlife populations FROM wolves. Which is EXACTLY what they've done in states like Idaho, Montana, Colorado and others over the last 25 years or so.

Don't get me wrong. We still have some work to do here in Kentucky. We are an open carry state and I've walked into the local police station with a 44 magnum strapped on my side and no one batted an eye. BUT we still need to become one of the few states that allows conceal carry without a permit if we want to reclaim our freedoms as the founders intended.

And as a country, we Americans have GOT to get the federal government out of our Bill of Rights entirely. The founders called them divine rights, endowed by the creator and inalienable. They are NOT the laws of man to be tampered with!

DANG IT! There I go on another rant. Sorry, I'm shutting up now. ;~)
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Good stuff jdb
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!