Cz 455 varmint in a grs stock

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Coop 45

Cz 455 varmint in a grs stock

Post by Coop 45 »

I just picked up a new cz 455 varmint in a grs stock. So far I have put a brooks trigger kit in and that's it. It still has a bit of work to be done. I have to get it down to 4kg so it's about to go on a diet (need to lose 255 grams more). I have some Morr Accuracy air weight rings coming, I drilled out the bolt knob at work this morning, the very nice limb saver recoil pad had to come off (saved 69 grams) and the stock will shortly be a bit more ventilated.

So far I'm very happy, I like rifles that are either fun to shoot, or are very accurate. Both pics are 5 shot groups at 50 metres. One using federal 714's, the other federal gold match.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it" Captain Harry "Breaker" Morant, last words to his firing squad.
92 45 Colt 20" stainless
Flynnismydog

Re: Cz 455 varmint in a grs stock

Post by Flynnismydog »

Nice looking rifle, you can't beat a cz for accuracy
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

I really like the looks of your rifle. Are you going to use it in some kind of competition? Yours looks much nicer than mine. I have the same gun, but it still has the factory stock. My gunsmith worked on the stock trigger and it is much improved. CZ's are hard to beat for the money.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Coop 45

Post by Coop 45 »

I'm going to use it in a competition that we shoot here called field rifle. It has a rapid fire event, an offhand, a standing post and a sitting post section (where you use a post as a support, like using a tree out in the bush. It has a 4kg weight limit for rimfires.
I went with the cz simply because I think they are great value for money. To be shooting groups like that with only a little bit of trigger work straight out of the box with no ammo testing I am very happy.
"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it" Captain Harry "Breaker" Morant, last words to his firing squad.
92 45 Colt 20" stainless
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Sounds like fun, but I'll bet it can be humbling. I shoot cowboy lever action silhouette (or try to) and I'm sure it's not nearly as tough as field rifle. I like the CZ for it's accuracy. Mine likes Federal Gold Match best, but it's not picky on ammo. Norma TAC22 and CCI Std Velocity shoots really good in it also.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've got the 550 Varmint in .308.
I need to get around to taking the laminate off it and putting the Kevlar on it so I can drag it around without worrying about it getting scratched up.
ole single shooter

Post by ole single shooter »

Congratulations on getting a fine shooting rifle. I happen to favor the long barreled Ultra lux for the looks as much as anything because all my CZs are good shooters. I like to shoot the staples out of the wife's targets at 25 yds. with the cheap wall mart lightning they sold before the foolishness started. I also have 452s in trainer ,Lux in a Boyd's plywood stock., an American, a 2nd UL .and a pair of ZKM 468 Brno's . The folks in that area know how to make a fine barrel .
Coop 45

Post by Coop 45 »

image.jpg
Just got some light weight rings from Morr Accuracy. They took 45grams off the weight only another 210 to cut out from somewhere.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
92 45 Colt 20" stainless
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Looks sexy any full pics of your stick.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Coop 45

Post by Coop 45 »

image.jpg
Still a lot of work to do. The fore end of the stock will loose a lot of timber from it. The very nice limbsaver recoil pad had to go (saved 79 grams). At a very last resort I might have to get the barrel fluted, but it seems just plain wrong to go and buy such a nice heavy lump of steel just to have to cut some out.
92 45 Colt 20" stainless